HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #557 of 730
Quote:
Quote:

it's the next silver one to ship.  unfortunately, 3 of the silver enclosures got damaged during assembly and could not be used.  i will get it out as soon as the next batch of finished enclosures is ready

I pre order on Aug 2nd 2012, Red colour, paid last Jan 2013 when i got payment notification, i'm still waiting no shipping notification until now
confused_face_2.gif

Yup, that's how long it takes. I don't remember exactly, but the wait for the Pico Slim when it was first announced was about the same amount of time.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #558 of 730
Quote:
I pre order on Aug 2nd 2012, Red colour, paid last Jan 2013 when i got payment notification, i'm still waiting no shipping notification until now
confused_face_2.gif

hi,

the order I have from you is for Purple

Code:
 Item name: Pico Power Portable Amp Qty: 1 Item number: 1199669 (SKU: PICOPOWER-PURPLE)

Which is not available to ship in the first batch, but will be in the next one

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #565 of 730
Quote:
Again a public online forum with 100s of posts isn't necessarily the fastest way to get an update status. To you and everyone else, nothing beats a phone call or even an email.

However it is good that Justin has posted regular updates. It has probably saved him receiving a bazillion emails asking him how the amps are coming along, which would slow him down even further. I could be wrong though.

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #566 of 730
id be happy if someone could explain to me (in simple terms for my simple mind) what rechargeable battery is best (Ni-MH or Lithium?) for the Pico Power
smily_headphones1.gif
......Im not waiting at the front fence for it, it will arrive in good time

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #568 of 730
Quote:
Your question has already been answered. Justin and nebby and others have already chimed in.

maybe it was but I did not find it very clear. If you have read my question regarding actual volatge and not what is stamped, written or advertised on the battery you may know where im coming from. A list of brands and there so called voltage doesnt explain to me how or what a 9v lithium actually is. Justin said he will test batteries down the track and thats good but doesnt answer my questions.

Ill try and ask it another way: Lithium Vs Ni-MH. What are their nominal Voltage, what is their peak voltage and what do they drop down to just before needing charging? We can consider all 8.4,9 and 9.6 v options.

Secondly and also important, what are the voltage requirements of the Pico Power? What is the safe max and minimum? Where does perfromance drop off?

Im sorry that batteries are not less than $1 where I live (btw lithium desposable are $15ea, alkiline about $6ea)  But since this is a performance device AND I do no want to damage it, I would like to give and get the best of it.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #569 of 730
Someone already mentioned that the lithiums especially at that price just aren't worth it, regardless of what their voltage ratings are.

Also Justin already stated safe max and min voltage requirements.

Basically it sounds like you asked a question, got a lot of answers, none of them are good enough, so most likely the answer you are looking for is probably not going to end up being in this thread.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #570 of 730
well again for me, rechargeable lithiums or Ni-MH are pretty much the same price (when looking at 2 batteries, charger and shipping). Yes thats shopping online and looking outside my own country. Something you get good at if your not in the "Good ol USA".....you guys have a scale of economey unlike any other country.

Any way, I did not see the max and min voltage as posted by Justin??? I will try and find that. That will be a start.

basicly it sounds like you read my posts, got the answers that you thought suited me (basing them on price and such which I never said was a factor except for throw aways and why I want rechargeable.)

Sorry for asking some actual tech and when I was given the dont worry about it rather than an actual tech answer, I asked again.  Seems you know all the answers, so if your going to waste your time posting that I am wasting time, how about adding the tech.......

or maybe I should just update that I havent had an update of a shipping time and date. (not that that is an issue for me)

EDIT: I just looked through pages 29-38. My first Battery post was post # 428 (p29) The majority of responses were just peoples choice of battery (not why, no tech) With the exception of a few, showing a brand that didnt fit as it is a touch large. The others that had tech, did not answer my question as far as I could tell ( I did say I dont know much about battery tech) I had already checked out the battery university as linked and thats where I came up with the question. I also read and re-read Nebby's link to the page of some lithium and Ni-MH 9v batteries. All it listed was the ADVERTISED voltage. When I clicked on the link within to the results of some testing of these, it sent me to a sniper/shooter forum???

No where could I see Justin's response re max/min voltage??? maybe it was posted before I joined. Ill have to go through all 1-29 pages to find that. Justin did say a few 10ths of a volt wont matter. Thats fine, but im not getting that a lithium can be 9v or even 8.4v?? Lithium do have some advantages over Ni-MH as well as some disadvantages.

Im sorry if you are taking this as a crock of ****, but really I just want to make a good purchase and get the most out of my Pico Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back