HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Feb 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #347 of 730
9V Duracells it is. You can get a second set for $5 at checkout. 

These Soshine 9 volt Lithium Ion have been working great in my Stepdance. On Taobao in China they are $6 each. I will be getting four more for the Pico Power. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #351 of 730
Logically, rechargeable batteries should be included.

cheers

Felix

Not really. My first portable amp was the original rsa sr71 and did not include batteries. By my memory i don't think any portable amp that used 9v include them. To the best of my knowledge Justin is the first to include 9v batteries with an amp.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #353 of 730
It is the nature of an amp that uses 9V batteries that the end user can choose how to power it: NiMH, Li-Ion, Lithium, Alkaline etc. (If Justin had forced a rechargeable option on me I would not have been pleased as I already have a charger and access to good cheap rechargeable 9 volts.)

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #354 of 730
Never actually seen an amp using 9V come with batteries actually, only ones are the Amps using LiPos.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #355 of 730
Quote:
Never actually seen an amp using 9V come with batteries actually, only ones are the Amps using LiPos.

i thought it would be worth the $2/amp to include a new pair....except the shipping with the new USPS rates is going to be awful for those couple ounces.  otherwise, what happens: amp arrives, person does not have batteries.  they pull 2 random 9V batteries from whatever devices they can find, they're probably low on capacity and uneven, and it wont be a good experience.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #356 of 730
Quote:
i thought it would be worth the $2/amp to include a new pair....except the shipping with the new USPS rates is going to be awful for those couple ounces.  otherwise, what happens: amp arrives, person does not have batteries.  they pull 2 random 9V batteries from whatever devices they can find, they're probably low on capacity and uneven, and it wont be a good experience.

The shipping rate hikes make me a sad panda :frowning2:

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #357 of 730
I am so excited to be getting this amp. I am checking the mail daily with anticipation. The combination of aesthetics with sound quality from headamp is unique. Like Justin's prevpus portables the power looks to be a work of art when you hold it in your hand.
Regarding batteries a economy pack of duracells from Costco should get me through at least a year.

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #358 of 730

First i've heard of the shipping rates hike for USPS.
When is/did this take effect and how bad is it?

The shipping rate hikes make me a sad panda :frowning2:

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #359 of 730
Quote:
I am so excited to be getting this amp. I am checking the mail daily with anticipation. 

Glad i haven't been doing this, I would have checked 238 times from the day i ordered...........

Think i will be lazy and just wait till it is sent. 
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #360 of 730
Quote:
Quote:
I am so excited to be getting this amp. I am checking the mail daily with anticipation. 

Glad i haven't been doing this, I would have checked 238 times from the day i ordered...........

Think i will be lazy and just wait till it is sent. 
wink.gif

Over the last couple of years, I've pre-orderd the HD-800s, HF-2s, Pico Slim, Symphones Mangums (and multiple upgrades), Audeze LCD-2s and LCD-3s. Overall, I think I've spent at least 2 years waiting for gear. Another month or whatever isn't going to bother me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back