HeadAmp Pico has arrived.. (LARGE unpacking pictures)
Dec 28, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #136 of 151
I'll repost my pics here.

2139650331_5f098573b4.jpg

2139650339_06da3327fa.jpg

Dec 28, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #137 of 151
Man, that little bugger looks so cool! Props to Justin on the design.

Dec 28, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #138 of 151
Oh, I thought you were referring to the bronze colored one. Beautiful amp though.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #139 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by chouman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've posted a pic of my pico which uses that color combo in the headamp pre-order thread if you wanted to change your color preference.

I did see your pics and the color combo looks very nice indeed although it's still hard to tell whether I'll like it as much as I did on the AE-2 until I see it in real life. I'm number 18 so it's already shipped, but it's no big deal really, I'm sure I'll be very happy with it, I was more just commenting on the fact that I hadn't even known bronze was an option. And here I thought I had been keeping fairly close tabs on all the Pico threads. :p

Dec 28, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #140 of 151
(Edited main post with this: )

Dec. 27th, 2007:
I spent a bit more time last night and today listening to the Pico (haven't spent quality time with it previously due to xmas family dinners and such). What surprises me is the substantial bass impact and bass depth with the HD650s. And, as others have already noted, the soundstage is very impressive -- the whole package (HD650 & Pico) reminds me very much of my old HD650, Gilmore Lite w/ DPS & Monarchy M24 setup (impressions link).

I have not tried, nor am I planning to try any other headphones with my Pico. The HD650s sounds damn good out of it already, and there's really no reason to switch to anything else. However, this combo is tempting me to come back to the headphone world and just forget about speakers!

(On second thought, nah..)

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #141 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I don't know specifically for the DAC chip used in Pico, but many chips have + - outs for each channel. Adding an op amp with 3 resistors for each channel would, while changing the size of the amp, not change it ALOT. The output jacks will remain most of the bulks, but that is still at most 50% the original size, not 200% =].

Thats still toying though...not really good way to go heh.

Yeah, and they'll all run off the same power supply.

If you're talking about making it balanced just for the sake of making it "technically" balanced, then yes, only 50% size increase may result. But if you are talking about a serious product. Well, a small portable is just not really a realistic option here.

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #142 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my daughter some Anthony Gallo Accoustics A'Diva TI for Christmas to go along with her Shanling MC30.

you got her that thing. she must love the tubes. don't let her see the pico. or she'll want one of those as well.
tongue.gif
did you tell her the head-fi motto: sorry about your wallet. or in her case, her piggybank!

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #143 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by chouman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll repost my pics here.

2139650331_5f098573b4.jpg

nice pic.

what crazy font do i have to use to make that wierd-looking "c" so i can write out pico properly.
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #145 of 151
Sigh... I just bought a separate DAC and amp, and now this Pico is calling out to me to buy it!
biggrin.gif

What's more depressing is that it can probably even replace the above equipment, for much less money.
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #147 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what crazy font do i have to use to make that wierd-looking "c" so i can write out pico properly.
biggrin.gif

possibly "symbol" (on a mac) or the equivalent greek font on a PC, and try the lower-case s (sigma). it'll be pretty close...

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #148 of 151
Does anyone know if Pico drives UE10pro well?
I've heard that HD650 and Pico are good combination, but
are they also good?

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #149 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone w/ a Clear Pico post pics
biggrin.gif

Ditto x2

I put in an order for a black one, but now I'm thinking the silver/clear might be a better idea.
biggrin.gif
I've had so much black equipment. Time to lighten things up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back