HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #406 of 1,464
Justine should require the purchase of a grift card to be used toward a purchase to be in the program. That will allow the demos to go to members that are committed to doing business with him.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #407 of 1,464
Quote:
Justine should require the purchase of a grift card to be used toward a purchase to be in the program. That will allow the demos to go to members that are committed to doing business with him.

i don't want to do that, there are already services that charge money to try headphones

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #408 of 1,464
Why isn't there just a $5 PayPal entry fee for the demo? The entry charge keeps out the uninvested riffraff and ensures that you have the home addresses of the people who are participating in the demo. Problem solved, right?

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #413 of 1,464
Quote:
^ post pics.  

If you do ever want a Stax setup, go with the SRM-323S amp to start.  you can go all the way up to the SR-009 with that with good results.  the SRM-252S will struggle with something like the SR-007 MK2, but i didnt want to include a SRM-323S amp for the demo because of its value and size/weight for shipping.

I'll get some pics up in here tomorrow morningish, when I have some good lighting. Also, thanks for the advice. I don't know if you got my email but I'm pretty much falling in love with the sound of these (much more than the LCD-2, which I enjoyed) and if it gets better going up the chain then my wallet is going to be in a lot of pain. I'll need to save up some but you'll have a customer pretty soon. That's good to know that the 323S is the way to go, because I would have just unknowingly purchased the 252S (which looks quite nice as the base for my M&M stack, haha)

Let me know what to do with these (where to send) and I can likely get these sent off Friday.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #414 of 1,464
Agreed. I think if Justin decides to do this again, he should implement some rules... such as keep it within the United States only. Require that the user is active, require tracking information for the delivery, and up to date communication between the sender, receiver, and himself (ex. when the person sends off the pair of headphones to the next person, provide the tracking code and let them know it's on their way to them. Receiver lets the sender know they arrived safely, and so on...)

That's exactly how it is now. Just had a few blips. Things seem to be back on track though so that's good news

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #415 of 1,464
So since the other ones were accounted for, I broke into the Stax 407 box, you know, since I'm going to pay to ship them either way. And all I can say is ... oh my God.

Hopefully I made the Stax list. Make sure you throw up some pictures so we can all be jealous of you. Now As great as the HE-500's and LCD 2's are do they even come close to the Stax?? Or is the sound to different to compare to them

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #416 of 1,464
Yeah, for the new Stax. Justin doesn't have the list up... I cant even remember if I signed up on the google docs.

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #417 of 1,464

Exactly. Paying for gift cards or paypal fees kinda goes against the principle of what justin is doing ,atleast what I think. Hes giving us, the community, an essentially free opportunity to try higher end headphones some of which many of us would never get to try out. (dont go to meets, dont have mortar and brick store, or have funds, etc).
I feel like thats what makes this so special. Im getting all emotional and what not~  qq
i don't want to do that, there are already services that charge money to try headphones

Quote:
I vote the security measures make it a requirement to be a headfier since at least 2010 and have at least 1581 posts by today at 10:00AM PST 
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL!! I read up to 2010 and was like What! not fair! Then saw the 1581 posts by 10am... haha funny guy. Im not even close 
size]

Quote:
Agreed. I think if Justin decides to do this again, he should implement some rules... such as keep it within the United States only. Require that the user is active, require tracking information for the delivery, and up to date communication between the sender, receiver, and himself (ex. when the person sends off the pair of headphones to the next person, provide the tracking code and let them know it's on their way to them. Receiver lets the sender know they arrived safely, and so on...)

I thought these "rules" were already rules. IDK why people wouldnt use tracking or insurance.. makes no sense, theyre $500+ items. Just make sure keep people (mainly justin) updated so we (he) knows whats going on.. What happened with the mail room issue is something that is not at fault of anyone here. theres something he couldve done to prevent an error like that. 

Ive never had an issue with USPS, them being my main method of shipping but if justin had a preference, it would be nice if there were a set of rules of conduct that would be posted on the OP. Maybe a background check so someone with 5 posts doesnt get it without like an interview or something. idk. Its what I wouldve done.
Quote:
Yeah, for the new Stax. Justin doesn't have the list up... I cant even remember if I signed up on the google docs.

But the Stax have already been delivered to the first person the the "list"? I guess if you didnt get an email, youre not on the list?

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #419 of 1,464
Quote:
How about Justin only ships to confirmed home addresses? I recall that an issue arose because a unit was mis-sorted through a company mail room.

I'll be honest with you, I cheated a little bit because I live in Canada and border on Michigan. I asked Justin initially if it was ok to ship to a US address, bring them back to Canada and he said it was. I shipped it to a photo and art studio where one of my mom's best friends works, I trust her completely. She got two packages the same day in her name and one was sorted (assuming the LCD-2s) in the wrong area. So it was basically just human error. I can't knock Justin if he decides to change the rules on this because it kind of became a pain in the butt for all parties involved including myself. I wasn't just going to pass up the chance to listen to LCD-2's in the comfort of my own home though, who would? I expected it to go more smoothly then it did though. 

Here's a bonus for you, my friend was listening, asked me to snap a pic on Instagram for him and was near tears:

More pics and a review to follow when I get home from PAX East. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back