HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Mar 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #376 of 1,464
Quote:

things are getting real sketchy on the shipping/deliveries so probably not.  the west coast audeze pair sat in a post office for a week while the sender couldn't find the tracking # and the recipient didn't know delivery had been attempted.  today the person receiving the east coast pair says they "still havent arrived" (at a company in the U.S. across the Canadian border) while tracking shows it was delivered Tuesday and I called that company and they said they received it.  i think this is it, it requires too much micromanaging to keep things on track.  for free, anyway.

People need to realize they are hurting more then just the next person to demo the headphones when they do stuff like this.\

Hopefully it all gets resolved~
If this is ever done again, I'd be willing to pay.

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #377 of 1,464

things are getting real sketchy on the shipping/deliveries so probably not.  the west coast audeze pair sat in a post office for a week while the sender couldn't find the tracking # and the recipient didn't know delivery had been attempted.  today the person receiving the east coast pair says they "still havent arrived" (at a company in the U.S. across the Canadian border) while tracking shows it was delivered Tuesday and I called that company and they said they received it.  i think this is it, it requires too much micromanaging to keep things on track.  for free, anyway.

If the participants followed your rules, things could have ran more smoothly: Email when received, listen for a few days, then ship with insurance and tracking plus an email to you and the recipient. Just use USPS Priority or something, shesh I'm a student and I can still manage that. Maybe "next time" come up with a legal contract or get our paypal information or something. That kinda takes our community vibes and turns it into some corporate function which is definitely not as cool.
Hopefully everyone used insurance so atleast the money is still there.

of course i could be overreacting and it could be due to things out of our control, random people steal packages or just plain lost, etc. I'm just really bothered because this is one of the coolest opportunities ever: A company is shipping demos to your home for free, just pay shipping. Especially coming from a forum, Justin has put so much trust in us. Like that's so cool but such a huge risk for Justin. I'm ranting

negative trader feedback -1

P.S. lol justin, did you get the he-500 yet? tracking says it was delivered on thursday.

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #381 of 1,464
I said it way back at the beginning of this thread and will say it again: I'd really, honestly recommend that everyone use FedEx (or UPS) Ground for shipping these HeadAmp demo items. The USPS is notorious for not paying insurance claims and their (new) pseudo-tracking system isn't very reliable. Justin has already indicated some sketchiness on the part of some people participating. If everyone were using FedEx or UPS, which both have full tracking available, that'd make it a lot easier to track down the location of a package. Also, neither FedEx or UPS leave packages "sitting in an office for a week" like the USPS tends to do. FedEx/UPS attempt to deliver every day (unless there's a Hold at Location request); if they fail to deliver within 3 attempts, they usually send back to the sender immediately.

Plus Priority Mail isn't even that cheap unless you're shipping relatively light-weight items. FedEx/UPS Ground beats USPS Priority Mail on price once the item gets heavier than several pounds.

No offense intended to anyone, but anyone who still intends on using USPS after reading my post is simply being irresponsible with MOT property. These are expensive items that should be being sent "signature required"! Because I'm pretty sure that no one would want to shell out $1K to Justin to pay for a set of missing LCD-2.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #382 of 1,464
Disappearing HeadAmp demos and the recent theft of the $15K power amps... what the hell is wrong with people?

It disgusts me that people are so willing to take advantage of the generosity of others and leave them holding the bag, even at the expense of the entire community.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #383 of 1,464
Quote:
I said it way back at the beginning of this thread and will say it again: I'd really, honestly recommend that everyone use FedEx (or UPS) Ground for shipping these HeadAmp demo items. The USPS is notorious for not paying insurance claims and their (new) pseudo-tracking system isn't very reliable. Justin has already indicated some sketchiness on the part of some people participating. If everyone were using FedEx or UPS, which both have full tracking available, that'd make it a lot easier to track down the location of a package. Also, neither FedEx or UPS leave packages "sitting in an office for a week" like the USPS tends to do. FedEx/UPS attempt to deliver every day (unless there's a Hold at Location request); if they fail to deliver within 3 attempts, they usually send back to the sender immediately.

Plus Priority Mail isn't even that cheap unless you're shipping relatively light-weight items. FedEx/UPS Ground beats USPS Priority Mail on price once the item gets heavier than several pounds.

No offense intended to anyone, but anyone who still intends on using USPS after reading my post is simply being irresponsible with MOT property. These are expensive items that should be being sent "signature required"! Because I'm pretty sure that no one would want to shell out $1K to Justin to pay for a set of missing LCD-2.

on a side note.  I sent the headphones back USPS, and when you insure over like $200, signature is required.  seems that someone signed for the missing package.  the receiver needs to figure out who.  sucks, but thats how it looks.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #384 of 1,464
The new Stax got here to me today. I have emailed Justin to ensure he wants to continue with this one at least and haven't opened it yet. Sucks that our little community isn't free from people who either A. don't follow directions or B. don't respect other peoples' property or C. are thieves. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #385 of 1,464

USPS is a lot cheaper than FedEx and still very reliable. I just sent out my demo pair last Tuesday and they arrive on Wednesday to the next person up. Just because you think it isn't a great service doesn't make people that use the service irresponceable. It's not the service, it's the people that don't follow the rules that are the irresponceable parties here. Hopefully everything shows up and the demos continue on their paths and people do the right thing and follow the instructions like they agreed to do.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #386 of 1,464
Disappearing HeadAmp demos and the recent theft of the $15K power amps... what the hell is wrong with people?

It disgusts me that people are so willing to take advantage of the generosity of others and leave them holding the bag, even at the expense of the entire community.

What happened to Todd was ridiculous! Absolute scumbag and I hope the idiot that stole them tries to sell them to a Head-Fi member so he gets turned in and hopefully "Man-Handled" in prison...

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #387 of 1,464
USPS is a lot cheaper than FedEx and still very reliable. I just sent out my demo pair last Tuesday and they arrive on Wednesday to the next person up. Just because you think it isn't a great service doesn't make people that use the service irresponceable. It's not the service, it's the people that don't follow the rules that are the irresponceable parties here. Hopefully everything shows up and the demos continue on their paths and people do the right thing and follow the instructions like they agreed to do.

Although I was a fairly firm believer in USPS until now, I think I'll be shipping the LCD2 back to Justin (if he doesn't call off the demo early that is) with UPS or FedEx. I just got a box in yesterday that looks like USPS decided to play catch with. One side looked like it had been ripped open, and the contents were pretty scratched up. And the customer didn't even buy insurance either.

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #388 of 1,464
Quote:
on a side note.  I sent the headphones back USPS, and when you insure over like $200, signature is required.  seems that someone signed for the missing package.  the receiver needs to figure out who.  sucks, but thats how it looks.

Ive actually seen multiple cases of USPS deliverers signing for the packages themselves, and dropping them off at whatever house they suspect is the one is was supposed to be delivered for. Really cant trust anyone these days. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #389 of 1,464
Quote:
Ive actually seen multiple cases of USPS deliverers signing for the packages themselves, and dropping them off at whatever house they suspect is the one is was supposed to be delivered for. Really cant trust anyone these days. 

wow.  pretty sure thats WAY illegal..

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #390 of 1,464
Those concerned about "missing or "stolen" LCD-2's, please read:

Ok guys I am really sorry for what happened with the confusion on shipping. I'd do nothing to screw anyone over, I've been screwed over before. What happened is the person I sent it to got two packages the same day and they got mixed up. (So I was told) I finally got them in my hands yesterday and I can assure you the hands are good and safe hands. These are gorgeous and I'm sorry for anyone being deprived at the moment. They are simply the best headphone I've ever heard, in my own home anyway. I was blown away at just how good they are out of my crappy little E11, the plan was to have a Lyr by now but honestly if all I had to listen was the E11 I would still buy them, absolutely sublime. My friend almost cried listening to them through my dads Marantz home theater amp, I'll have to post that picture later in the thread.

Again my sinseareat apologies for the mix up, I bought my HE-400's from Justin and he got them to my quickly so the last thing I want to do is make him and his other customers upset. Really sorry about that guys. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did. I'll post pics later. The bamboo is a true thing of beauty. My HE-400s sound very plastic to me now because they are. Maybe a full review to follow? :D

Also, I've read through the recent thread posts and feel terrible, I was actually pretty worried myself especially when Justin called me and said the company did indeed receive it. I love the Head-Fi community and reading posts like that make me really disappointed in myself and the person I sent it to. I've had fake IE8's once and it took forever to resolve and I would never wish the feeling of theft or counterfeits on anyone else, it is an awful, awful feeling.

Again rest assured they are safe on my head as I speak and the show will go on.

As a side note, if I get the job I am trying to get I will be purchasing a pair from Justin in a few months, I hope that gesture can heal the pits in your stomachs. I am also sending out Jeremy's remaining J$ audio headbands and lambskin pads since he left the country so a few people have put their trust in me, fortunately that has been much smoother than this. Again I am terribly sorry, I know apologizing over and over wont change the past but I hope it puts you guys at ease to know they are safe now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back