HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Apr 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,278 of 1,464
Ups ground is asking me for $50 for $1276 insurance...

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,279 of 1,464
Ups ground is asking me for $50 for $1276 insurance...

I walked out and went next door to fedex when they did that to me.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,283 of 1,464
I think that's what I got at Fedex.

UPS is a $3 per 100, which explains why it's so much.

BTW, just sent them out to whitetriton this early afternoon and sent both of you a PM.

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,286 of 1,464
Justin

I now have the XC headphones, received this afternoon. They are in great shape,no smoke smell, no issues.

I'm listening to them on my vintage Pioneer Spec system, comparing side by side with both my TH900 and D7000 (both Lawton modded). First item of note is they are considerably heavier than either yet seem quite comfortable due to the great pads. I'll know if the weight is a problem soon, as I had neck surgery a few months ago and am not fully recovered.

Good looking phones, all three, and all sound great tho at first blush I'd say the XC comes in third place to my preference.

Thanks as always for the privilege of auditioning these masterpieces.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,287 of 1,464
Justin

I now have the XC headphones, received this afternoon. They are in great shape,no smoke smell, no issues.

I'm listening to them on my vintage Pioneer Spec system, comparing side by side with both my TH900 and D7000 (both Lawton modded). First item of note is they are considerably heavier than either yet seem quite comfortable due to the great pads. I'll know if the weight is a problem soon, as I had neck surgery a few months ago and am not fully recovered.

Good looking phones, all three, and all sound great tho at first blush I'd say the XC comes in third place to my preference.

Thanks as always for the privilege of auditioning these masterpieces.

Can't wait for your compares!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back