HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,126 of 1,464
Yes! Can't wait to pit the X against my 6. :wink:

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,131 of 1,464

Me too! Very excited to hear and compare them

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

We are in, buddy.  You get the X and I get the C.

Justin is the man - thank you once again for running this amazing audition program - it is much appreciated. 

Yes Sir we're in and I'm ready to go!! I was hoping to be on the XC list, but not having to wait to trial the X at number 1 is fan-freaking-tastic!!! Plus honestly it's fine because I have my closed back phones on lock with my TH600's so getting to trial the LCD-X is gonna be amazing!
Can't wait!! Oh wait that's right... I don't have to MUH-HAHAHAHA!!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,132 of 1,464
I just hope I don't like the XCs too much... ... lol!

Thanks for the opportunity Justin!

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #1,133 of 1,464
hoping everyone is a little more strict with their listening time and communication with justin this time around.

no one should have it more than 3 days before sending it out (unless there's a delay in getting the next address).

if everyone follows the rules, then more demos in the future (i hope) and the faster i get to listen to the lcd-x lol.

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,134 of 1,464
Hey, Justin, I think I'm gonna back out of this, so whoevers spot was next, put 'em in :)

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,137 of 1,464
Hm, thanks for the answer, but I was hoping Justin could answer. I asked this question earlier and I received a different answer; this might be why some of these tours are a bit disorganised/slow.

With shipping time, which often lands on the weekend and thus takes longer, we've probably been averaging about 5-6 days each of actual demo time. I don't necessarily see that as much of an issue unless Justin tells us things are going too slow. I think we just need to keep in communication with him and do our best to move things along as quickly as possible. For the most part I think its been going pretty well but we could do better.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,138 of 1,464
Hm, thanks for the answer, but I was hoping Justin could answer. I asked this question earlier and I received a different answer; this might be why some of these tours are a bit disorganised/slow.
With shipping time, which often lands on the weekend and thus takes longer, we've probably been averaging about 5-6 days each of actual demo time. I don't necessarily see that as much of an issue unless Justin tells us things are going too slow. I think we just need to keep in communication with him and do our best to move things along as quickly as possible. For the most part I think its been going pretty well but we could do better.

That was in reference to the HD700 and the fact that it was taking a bit longer than previous demos. It was not meant to be a definitive answer on how long we are supposed to keep the headphones for. Justin will have to answer that but I don't think he has given a hard number. More than 5 days with a single person would definitely be a problem but I'm more concerned about everyone being respectful and responsive rather than the exact number of days they have the headphones. The last thing we need is a witch hunt in this thread every few days with tons of people calling foul as soon as it appears that someone might have had them for slightly more than 3 days. You just need to be respectful toward Justin and his equipment and toward the rest of the people ahead of you. Think of others and try to keep the demo moving along as quickly as possible but take time to enjoy the headphones and get to know them while you can.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #1,139 of 1,464
the problem was i no longer had the time to monitor the situation. on the Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC demos, i will not be providing the address to the next person. The person demoing will be responsible for checking the list and asking the next person for the address. 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,140 of 1,464
  the problem was i no longer had the time to monitor the situation. on the Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC demos, i will not be providing the address to the next person. The person demoing will be responsible for checking the list and asking the next person for the address. 

And that should make things a lot easier for everyone so lets keeps things easy and quick. When we first started this a while back the agreement we all had was 3-5 days. And now that we are responsible for getting the next persons address this shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Just make sure we all remember to let the other person know and CC Justin when it ships out and include shipping and insurance and we shouldn't have any issues. 

I'll be getting my shipment of the LCD-X soon and I'll be contacting the next person in line and for some that don't normally check their PM's its probably a good idea to give the person ahead of you your primary email so they can reach you. Just food for thought. 

This is going to be a lot of fun, I can't wait to try them out with my Vintage gear and also curious to see if my E12 can power them from a portable standpoint. I don't have high hopes for my SR-71a and the X because of how bright that amp can sound with Orthos but hopefully some magic can happen. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back