HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Aug 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,370 of 1,464
Justin,

Let me know when the mid west area will open back up for the 560 demo.

popcorn.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,372 of 1,464
I just noticed that there are a bunch of people listed on both HeadAmp's HE-560 demo program and HiFiMan's HE-560 Touring Event. That isn't really fair to everyone else on the HeadAmp demo, plus the participants on HiFiMan's tour get 1 week with the headphones! These are the people who are on both the HeadAmp and HiFiMan lists (regions are HeadAmp's, not HiFiMan's). Surely I can't be the only one who thinks they should be removed from either HeadAmp's or HiFiMan's list.....

East
GloryUprising
dxanex

Midwest
Keithpgdrb
mac336
gsr108

West
Barra
Oregonian
Whitetriton

HiFiMan's list here btw: http://www.head-fi.org/t/725559/hifiman-he-560-us-touring-event-sign-up-list-updated

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,373 of 1,464
When we signed up for both demos there was no guarantee that we would be allowed in either.

That being said, I would expect that everyone who did sign up will fulfill their side of the agreement and post thoughtful impressions on the headphones. (I, for one, plan on doing impressions for both and would be interested in seeing if my thoughts change).

Beyond that, I would hope that HiFiMan was aware of Headamp's demo and vice versa and both accepted participants independently so I don't see the 'unfairness' in this situation. There doesn't seem to be a hard limit on either auditions (based on the fact that the lists for the respective trial "zones" are not even) so I would also imagine anyone who fit the criteria for the demo was accepted which furthers my reasoning that fairness was observed.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,374 of 1,464
Asr. Your comment should be a private message to the people who started the loaner programs, not a public post. I don't know what you hope to accomplish here except causing ill will and bitterness. It's not like we've won two raffles. We do have to pass the headphones along.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,375 of 1,464
Asr. Your comment should be a private message to the people who started the loaner programs, not a public post. I don't know what you hope to accomplish here except causing ill will and bitterness. It's not like we've won two raffles. We do have to pass the headphones along.

+1

Seems a bit petty to complain about people that were lucky enough to get both. And thats coming from a person that missed out on both! 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,376 of 1,464
I didn't really convey my point earlier, but I can boil it down to a rhetorical question: Does anyone really need to have two demos of the same headphone and by so doing, unnecessarily delay the wait for every participant afterwards?

If only a few people had been on both demos I probably wouldn't have even noticed (much less said anything), but seeing 8 names on both lists really stuck out, almost like it was a conspiracy or something in order to take advantage of the manufacturer demo programs. (Not saying anyone is actually doing that, that's just what it looked like.)

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,377 of 1,464
  I didn't really convey my point earlier, but I can boil it down to a rhetorical question: Does anyone really need to have two demos of the same headphone and by so doing, unnecessarily delay the wait for every participant afterwards?

If only a few people had been on both demos I probably wouldn't have even noticed (much less said anything), but seeing 8 names on both lists really stuck out, almost like it was a conspiracy or something in order to take advantage of the manufacturer demo programs. (Not saying anyone is actually doing that, that's just what it looked like.)

I don't think you have a point, I think you're just being a little whiny. Conspiracy? Really?? You lost me there. I was even considering passing one of my spots to someone else, but your posts in both threads has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I fully intend on spending as much time as I can with both demos and posting thoughtful impressions after the trial periods.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #1,378 of 1,464
I get what Asr is saying, But if the Vendors only had x amount of people sign up for each of the demos then where is there a problem.
I guess I could see a problem if 50 people signed up to both demos and these 8 were chosen repeatedly. 

But really is it Justin and Hifiman's problem if someone signed up for both? I dont think so.It is up to their decision who they send these rather expensive headphones to.

But on the other side if one of these 8 knows that they could pass to another person so they could hear these fine products then I guess its more of moral question here.
If it was me and I was on both lists I would give up my 3 day demo in a heartbeat just to keep the headphone for 1 week.  
Also I agree these posts should have been sent to the vendors and not even mentioned in the thread.
Or even ask one of the 8 to share a demo. I am sure someone on the list would not mind sharing, Assuming its ok with one of the vendors. 

My 2 cents my not be worth more then a 1 but there they are. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,379 of 1,464
  I just noticed that there are a bunch of people listed on both HeadAmp's HE-560 demo program and HiFiMan's HE-560 Touring Event. That isn't really fair to everyone else on the HeadAmp demo, plus the participants on HiFiMan's tour get 1 week with the headphones! These are the people who are on both the HeadAmp and HiFiMan lists (regions are HeadAmp's, not HiFiMan's). Surely I can't be the only one who thinks they should be removed from either HeadAmp's or HiFiMan's list.....

East
GloryUprising
dxanex

Midwest
Keithpgdrb
mac336
gsr108

West
Barra
Oregonian
Whitetriton

HiFiMan's list here btw: http://www.head-fi.org/t/725559/hifiman-he-560-us-touring-event-sign-up-list-updated

I was actually planning on dropping one of the demos after I got my first audition and felt like I had sufficient time with them (will depend on my schedule when I receive them).  
I could understand a person at the bottom of the audition list complaining about this, maybe, if it was going to cause him to receive the audition at an inconvenient time or something, but I am glad they have Assr, the head-fi sleuth, here to speak up for them and take the time out of his day to cross-check the audition lists for his fellow head-fiers. 

Waiting sucks, I get it. But Assr, if you feel so strongly about people having to wait for their demos, then you should have told Hifiman to bump you to the bottom of their demo list.  You had the first audition, you could of helped 9 other members receive their demos a couple of days earlier! 

I didn't really convey my point earlier, but I can boil it down to a rhetorical question: Does anyone really need to have two demos of the same headphone and by so doing, unnecessarily delay the wait for every participant afterwards?

Nobody needs to, but I have no problem with anyone taking advantage of that if afforded the opportunity.  

I'm sure hifiman doesn't mind either if that extra demo and time spent with the HP leads to that person buying their product. 

btw, there are people on the demo lists who have already auditioned the he560 at meets and other locations.  I'm surprised you didn't point them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back