HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Sep 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #886 of 1,464
How are we doing on the HD700's? Feels like I've been waiting a lifetime!! 
confused_face_2.gif

It'll be that much sweeter when they arrive but this one is taking quite a while to get through. 

Who's the lucky guy that has them right now? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #887 of 1,464
+1! 

I'm usually at the top of the list but not this time. Dunno how you guys put up with the wait... lol.
It did ship out at the end of june and not even halfway so.... taking a while... (slower than a person a week)

LOL sorry im being an impatient brat :p

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #888 of 1,464
  How are we doing on the HD700's? Feels like I've been waiting a lifetime!! 
confused_face_2.gif

It'll be that much sweeter when they arrive but this one is taking quite a while to get through. 

Who's the lucky guy that has them right now? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I'm with you...............Xmas is coming and hope they get here before then!

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #893 of 1,464
mad.gif
Quote:

J123my, but it could be at Sopp's by now.

Nope. I do not have them yet and no tracking information so far.

Dang, well someone seems to be enjoying them for quite a while now. We need to try and go get back to the 3-5 day model not the 2-3 week one. I wonder how they are holding up? Hopefully everyone is being respectful and treating them with extreme care because we definitely don't need any idiots smoking around or on the merchandise again 
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #894 of 1,464
I apologize in advance should my review weighted more on this band - Buena Vista Social Club.

Fostex TH600 has given the wow factor to me the last 2 days. I was so surprised to be able to hear of the wide soundstage, clear instruments separation and that accoustic bass on my 24/96 Buena Vista Social Club Flac songs. The unintentional tapping on the accoustic bass body made me look around my room couple of times, thinking wifey just tapped the door to remind me to go to sleep soon (midnight listening thru early morning.....I could get quiet environment this way).

I have demoed the LCD2 too but I could remember not having these toe tapping effect compared to this amazing fostex (how refine would that be of the big brother TH900 :rolleyes:percussions and the sound of the grand piano were so intimate, lounge session type listening mode (on Pueblo Nuevo song). Each instrument and vocal were layered with excellent separation and soundstage. I kept scratching my head wondering if my meridian explorer (revised version) paired with my ALO Continental V2 had just finally hit that synergy with this type of music with this particular band too thru this headphone.
All vocals were presented nicely, not hidden nor too forward.

For some reason, I prefer my continental on low gain thru out my listening around 11 to 12 o'clock volume. High gain, gave the sense of more "in your face stage" instead of that laid back loungey session on low gain.

I tried Flac song Daft Funk's Get Lucky just to see how they perform with such a different genre of music. I could get the sub bass rumble sound as close as my oldie velodyne subwoofer, and they were tight bass too, love it. Again.....toe tapping.

I moved on to Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now (Alac files) bit disappointed cause I was expecting her strong vocal to be more forward and at the same time with bigger soundstage surrounding her on orchestral instruments........could be the Alac files quality compared to Flac ones.....

Ok now let's see Etta James's Ball and Chain (Alac files).........oh wow......grand piano, Hammond organ, tight bass and of course her amazing vocal........this headphone could bring clarity and the dynamic sound that my beloved Hifiman HE400 could not.........could this be the strength of a typical tesla driver vs. planar?

I have thrown in Bob James's Restoration, Flim the BB's This Is a Recording, Diana Krall's the Look Of Love.......and still loving this headphone. All Alac files.

My lovely Stevie Ray Vaughn's Little Wing suffered a bit on its lushy mid but then the soundstage and instrument separation were still there.....became too cleanical suddenly. Those distortion of amplifiers sound were not as thick as those of my HE400. Pink Floyd's Pulse album was ok too just could not bring out the best of David Gilmour's electric guitar.

I am not good enough to talk about its technical capabilities or should even tempted to try with graphs or charts or its unique frequency spectrum, my apology. I could only rely on the enjoyment that I got of its musicality that this headphone has brought in, listening thru my favorite songs.

Justin, thank you for this demo program. I really appreciate you.

Better go to sleep now.....:xf_eek:

Cheers

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #895 of 1,464
Justin, some of us are pushing the HE4 to some better recognition, so you MAY have some new interest, considering how you've priced them lately. :wink:

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #896 of 1,464
Any progress on the HD700 moving around? Seems not much activity so if you have it post up! :D

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #898 of 1,464
USPS lost my only dynamic headphone amplifier in the mail, so the only thing I have to drive them out of is an iPod Classic. This should be interesting.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #900 of 1,464
J123my should have it right now.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back