HeadAmp Gilmore Lite – R.I.P
Mar 29, 2010 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Valens7

500+ Head-Fier
As of this month, Justin has officially discontinued the Gilmore Lite.

See for yourself: HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (Gilmore Lite Headphone Amp)

Thank you Justin for providing this community with one of the finest products in its price category for almost six years running. The Gilmore Lite remains one of the best amplifiers that I've ever heard, and I suspect that I'm not alone there. For me, it was an absolutely seminal purchase that substantially influenced my progression in this hobby.

Here's to HeadAmp's future!
beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 51
Oh geez, by the thread title I thought you were going to tell a story of how your own Gilmore Lite had lemonade poured on it or something. But not this!
frown.gif

Hopefully this means a new product will arrive soon to fill in for it. Farewell Gilmore Lite production, I'll keep using one of you for my RS-1i in college.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
Oh well, there's always the GS-1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Huzzah to that!
biggrin.gif

Frankly, I hope that Justin focuses on satisfying the demand for the rest of his products rather than designing a replacement for the GL. I imagine that difficulties on that front have a lot to do with his decision to discontinue it.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 51
Well, considering his Pico DAC is pretty damn fine and the Pico Slim is likely the best "tiny" portable I've ever heard, I wouldn't disagree that he should keep focus on what people are really going for. As for the Gilmore Lite, I liked it when I heard it, own a Dynalo in my main rig and certainly recommend the GS-1 and GS-X as nice home amps.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #6 of 51
The GS1 is a great, great, amp. My main beef is the notoriously long build periods and lack of communication, and not making promised deadlines.. But you can't fault Justins skills.. But I would only by 2nd hand. I like to be kept in touch, especially with a amp costing around 875.00. Too bad Justin doesn't just build a few. They are bound to sell. I never liked the, make after you pay approach. Guess I'm too impatient.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 51
Shame to see it go. But I guess it makes sense after 6 years.
R.I.P.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 51
6 years and thousands of them is a pretty good run for
any kind of audio electronics.

Sure seems like more than 6 years
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #10 of 51
Wow. I suppose that we should have seen this coming. This, or another $100 price increase to $599. That may have actually been harder to take. I feel very fortunate to have one, and with a DPS. I absolutely love it! Thanks Justin! And thank you Kevin!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #13 of 51
of course! I've been saving up for a month now so I could order one... Now I suppose I'll have to find a suitable replacement.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #15 of 51
I cannot foresee replacing mine either. Unless it is with a GS-1, which for a long while, will be much too expensive to be a viable option. Is it safe to say, at this point, that the GLite is 'timeless'? Certainly a certified 'classic', in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back