HeadAmp CFA3 Headphone Amp - The Official Thread
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #181 of 251
I bet Justin has spent many nights just pondering the layout to figure out ways to achieve a clean look with all the wiring. I do that with my computer builds. He's more OCD than I am.

It's looking good!

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #182 of 251
well alright add msb premier hp amp......and...
I own 2 amps on this list. The Corda Soul and the CFA3. To not have the Mjolnir Pure BiPolar on this list is a miss, in my opinion. I actually think it is a better amp than my beloved CFA3. But, that is just me.

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #183 of 251
I own 2 amps on this list. The Corda Soul and the CFA3. To not have the Mjolnir Pure BiPolar on this list is a miss, in my opinion. I actually think it is a better amp than my beloved CFA3. But, that is just me.
Well the winner of the chicken dinner is wa33 elite edition with upgrade tubes. How’s that for left field home run…..

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #184 of 251

That list is outdated, heavily biased and not very useful ultimately. As for the BiPolar, to some extent it serves a different purpose as it should be capable of a very low gain mode unlike the ultra powerful, higher gain CFA3?

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #186 of 251
I tell people all the time the Gilmore Lite mk2 is our best amp for IEMs, especially if we build it at a lower gain level. The problem is I didn't make it expensive enough to be considered for something like this
Strange as it may sound, having only a 1/4" jack could also be steering some iem users away from it.

Feb 14, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #187 of 251
I tell people all the time the Gilmore Lite mk2 is our best amp for IEMs, especially if we build it at a lower gain level. The problem is I didn't make it expensive enough to be considered for something like this
Glite2 w/ GRPS is one of my fav amps cost notwithstanding. Not the most technical, but very musical and works well with a wide range of cans (as in nothing sounds bad on that amp).

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #188 of 251
That list is outdated, heavily biased and not very useful ultimately. As for the BiPolar, to some extent it serves a different purpose as it should be capable of a very low gain mode unlike the ultra powerful, higher gain CFA3?
True as it has no gain. They sound very similar with differences in the weight of the sound being more saturated with the PB and the CFA3 having more treble nuance from my comparisons. I like both equally.

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #189 of 251
True as it has no gain. They sound very similar with differences in the weight of the sound being more saturated with the PB and the CFA3 having more treble nuance from my comparisons. I like both equally.
I changed my mind from thinking the PB is better after a great listening session this morning. I love the nuance in the treble of the CFA3.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #190 of 251
I changed my mind from thinking the PB is better after a great listening session this morning. I love the nuance in the treble of the CFA3.
You have ZF front with JFET for your CFA3?

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #192 of 251
You have ZF front with JFET for your CFA3?
Will answer this later. I asked Miroslav for all my specs. I have a small unit with an external and a different chassis built by a friend of his in Italy. It says Current Feedback Headphone Amplifier and then in the corner CFA3-zero feedback. It has 28 +/- rails and more power than any sane person needs. As does the PB. The PB actually feels more powerful to me even though it has +/-20 rails. Either way, both have more than 10 watts into 60 ohms which is plenty.
Well the winner of the chicken dinner is wa33 elite edition with upgrade tubes. How’s that for left field home run…..
You topped me. You win! :).My Aficionado with 1932 Single Plate/Mono 2A3s is my favorite amp I listen to. But, I prefer the PB over the CFA3 by a small amount going back and forth. It just has a bit more weight to the sound that I really like. The CFA3 is wonderful, and I will always own one.

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #193 of 251
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #195 of 251
The current build (the 4th version?) of the standard edition CFA3

Nice and small!

IMG_3705.jpeg
Many of us are wating for the new CFA3 after pre-order now I think. I could see that HeadAmp is working thoroughly on this amp and the details are tested.
I hope that we would have the possibility to chose from some color options for the faceplate when we finish our orders. At least if ordering CFA3 Deluxe Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back