Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #4,066 of 9,899
I think I will go for Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" from the album Three.  It is a very intimate recording with Jaques Morelenbaum on cello and Judy Kang on violin playing alongside Ryuichi on piano.  I feel that they really captured the subtle qualities of their instruments in this piece and I hope that the 009's and the BHSE bring new weight and insight into this recording.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #4,067 of 9,899
The shuguang treasure tubes will be available to ship with the bhse for $299

to answer your question posed:

Hi Justin,that's great you just provided an "official" opinion on this. Can you describe in details? In what aspects the Shuguang prevails? and would there be an upgrade option for tested/matched Shuguang tubes on the current batch of BHSE?

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #4,068 of 9,899
Hi Justin,that's great you just provided an "official" opinion on this. Can you describe in details? In what aspects the Shuguang prevails? and would there be an upgrade option for tested/matched Shuguang tubes on the current batch of BHSE?

Hello nickif

In one of his recent posts, J. W. wrote that the Shuguang Treasure (tested/matched, I presume) option price would be $299.00

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #4,069 of 9,899
This question is directed at everyone who is currently waiting for their BHSE to arrive.

Bach is a fine choice btw.

When it comes to testing the SQ of a stereo combo, I think that recording quality is more important that the contents -the music itself. So, rather than Bach or Mozart, I will listen to In Every Street by Dire Straits. This is the best-recorded CD I know, especially for percussion and dynamics -sound engineer is Bill Schnee, the pope of direct cut LPs. Of course, when it comes to enjoying music, Bach can be considered better than Mark Knopfler.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #4,073 of 9,899

When it comes to testing the SQ of a stereo combo, I think that recording quality is more important that the contents -the music itself. So, rather than Bach or Mozart, I will listen to In Every Street by Dire Straits. This is the best-recorded CD I know, especially for percussion and dynamics -sound engineer is Bill Schnee, the pope of direct cut LPs. Of course, when it comes to enjoying music, Bach can be considered better than Mark Knopfler.

Sorry, It's On Every Street, of course.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #4,074 of 9,899
Nice rack!  

I did the same thing a short time ago.  Now I've convinced my wife to completely redecorate my listening room at the same time.   The couch went out the door today.  I can't wait to see what she does, she's got a good eye for decorating.  I've given her the "this must go there" stuff from a technical stand point, the rest is up to her.

Quote:
Just bought a nice rack to accommodate the GS-X MKII and BHSE:beerchug:

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #4,075 of 9,899

Wow, do show off your wife's work with some pics please. If I had a dedicate listening room, would definitely go for speakers. Actually GS-X and BHSE will hopefully be my last investment on headphone system, be done with it after they arrived. :atsmile:

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #4,078 of 9,899
sure. everything is pretty much assembled at this point, just waiting on the front panels getting polished/anodized which unfortunately is more complicated than it should be. the assembled power supplies are under sheets on tables and the amplifiers are at an assembly company that was soldering the wires from the sides/back panels onto the main board.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #4,079 of 9,899
  sure. everything is pretty much assembled at this point, just waiting on the front panels getting polished/anodized which unfortunately is more complicated than it should be. the assembled power supplies are under sheets on tables and the amplifiers are at an assembly company that was soldering the wires from the sides/back panels onto the main board.

Glad to hear that, you mean every single one of them has been assembled? nice!

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #4,080 of 9,899
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back