Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Apr 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,697 of 9,899
Quote:

Or he wants to save $10,000 in VAT/duties.  That sounds like a pretty compelling reason to me.

As I said before. But it's also taking several days to fly everywhere to pick it all up.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #1,698 of 9,899
Especially given the stated intention to defraud his government on taxes. 

Defrauding is by definition illegal.  In his case an illegal act would be to pay less than $1000 for it, declare it as such, and send the rest as a paypal gift to Justin.  Actually, as most of the extras in this case would be an IPI tariff (as "luxury" goods get taxed at up to 300% in Brazil) the simplest illegal act would me to misclassify it as some vital product, dropping the tax by a couple hundred percent or so.

What he is talking about is no worse than waiting until on an international flight to stock up on cigarettes.

Disclaimer - I haven't dealt with Brazilian clients in a couple years so some of this information may not be 100% accurate.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #1,699 of 9,899
^ Well, you didn't think he was coming here to pick up in person, then declaring full value for customs, did you?

Anyway, last be it of me to judge; I was merely pointing out that if that was the intention, perhaps one might want to, um, be quiet about it.

After all, most if not all states require their residents to report out of state purchases for use tax purposes. Last I checked, they're hiring more people to help with the deluge of said filings. /sarcasm

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,700 of 9,899
I am not certain how it works in Brazil but in the US you would pay less in VAT and customs bringing an item on your person than importing it until an arbitrary point where they deem you an importer of sorts yourself. (and of course you're not charged if it's less than $800.)  

One cool loophole in the US is on works of art - they are not subject to the $800 limit at customs.  From the pictures I've seen of the BHSE, the case could be made...

I agree that these topics should probably stay to PM's - I guess something has to go on when you've been waiting 18 months though. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,701 of 9,899
I'm honestly shocked by how many people keep badgering Justin with questions :/  The guy is super busy assembling and testing our amps (mine is on the testbed right now, I believe)! 

I haven't found it hard to avoid any non-essential communication with Justin, I don't understand why everyone else can't as well. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #1,702 of 9,899

Don't worry, Doug. I'll stick this subject to PMs...
My BHSE is also on the testbed, as yours.
Regards,
Erico

Quote:
I'm honestly shocked by how many people keep badgering Justin with questions :/  The guy is super busy assembling and testing our amps (mine is on the testbed right now, I believe)! 

I haven't found it hard to avoid any non-essential communication with Justin, I don't understand why everyone else can't as well. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,703 of 9,899
Just curious, does anybody know off of the top of his head how many BHSEs have been made so far by Justin / HeadAmp, not including the current batch of 45? And how many runs have there been so far? Thanks in advance.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #1,704 of 9,899

Quote:

Don't defend him. While the build quality of his products may be excellent, his customer service is anything but.

For 5,000 simoleans one expects at least a little communication from time to time, especially in light of the extreme delivery delays.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #1,705 of 9,899
Quote:
Don't defend him. While the build quality of his products may be excellent, his customer service is anything but.

For 5,000 simoleans one expects at least a little communication from time to time, especially in light of the extreme delivery delays.

I don't think it's a matter of defending him, so much as it is resigning ourselves to the firm reality that he's not going to respond anyway, regardless of how much people cry and whine and ask for delivery dates.  So, in other words, there's not really a point to doing so in the first place.  Sure, it's a rather cynical and defeatist perspective, but hey, it is what it is.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #1,706 of 9,899
Fair enough.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #1,707 of 9,899
in my case, I knew coming in what the situation was and decided i was willing to wait and that i would know when to expect it when it was ready.
that much was pretty clear from reading the thread..........if that wasn't acceptable to me, i wouldn't have ordered it (i'm a few dozen units from being on the test bench)
and at 5 a week (estimated), i'm assuming about 2 months more

L3000.gif

but if justin finds a problem that slows him down and needs to be fixed, i would rather have it right.

somehow living with my 404LE and SRM-T1S isn't intolerable pain on this end 
biggrin.gif

anyone planning to try an active Synergistic Research shelf under their BHSE?

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #1,708 of 9,899

Just curious, does anybody know off of the top of his head how many BHSEs have been made so far by Justin / HeadAmp, not including the current batch of 45? And how many runs have there been so far? Thanks in advance.

I think I read somewhere that there were 21 BHSE and 17 Aristaeus built before the new production runs. Don't know if these numbers are exactly right, but there aren't many around, for sure.

I'm betting that at least half of the new buyers are just getting one because of the hype here on HF, and won't invest the time and money into the source and the headphones and the tubes to get it "right". Probably those who are whining the most. Everybody who took the time to read up on the BHSE knew what they were getting into with Headamp. Could have bought one of the 2nd hand amps here, there were several traded over the last years. You didn't, so stop the yammering - good things will come to those who wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back