Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 13, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #8,296 of 9,899

Just arrived today - a thing of beauty - superb build quality and looks.

Thank you Justin - well worth the 15 month wait for such a unique product.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #8,298 of 9,899
  looking great! bhse/wes comparison maybe? :wink:

still waiting for shipment notice of mine... should be very last few in batch 4

Probably a bit early to think about that - maybe after it settles into its new home. Just installed some 1950's Philips Miniwatt metal base EL34's - an immediate and tangible improvement :)

Justin has said quite a few are going out these two weeks so hopefully your BHSE will be in that group. Shipment is very fast - Fedex notification on Monday and delivered UK Wednesday lunchtime.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #8,299 of 9,899

Probably a bit early to think about that - maybe after it settles into its new home. Just installed some 1950's Philips Miniwatt metal base EL34's - an immediate and tangible improvement :)

Justin has said quite a few are going out these two weeks so hopefully your BHSE will be in that group. Shipment is very fast - Fedex notification on Monday and delivered UK Wednesday lunchtime.

Are EL61 interchangeable with the EL34s for the BHSE?

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #8,300 of 9,899

I'm aware that the EL61s were the predecessors of the EL34s, have the same construction and are very similar. Not sure how close they are in terms of their electrical properties though. Also, from what I understand the BHSE is quite sensitive in terms of what tubes are inserted and the instructions clearly dictate that only EL34s and 6CA7 tubes should be used. I'm sure Justin could provide more guidance on this matter than me if required.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #8,301 of 9,899

I'm aware that the EL61s were the predecessors of the EL34s, have the same construction and are very similar. Not sure how close they are in terms of their electrical properties though. Also, from what I understand the BHSE is quite sensitive in terms of what tubes are inserted and the instructions clearly dictate that only EL34s and 6CA7 tubes should be used. I'm sure Justin could provide more guidance on this matter than me if required.

Fair point there. I suppose the EL61 won't work or it would ultimately fail or the BHSE would...lol

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #8,305 of 9,899
Lots of blue color in this thread lately, congrats all new owners and welcome to the club :)

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #8,308 of 9,899
I received the BHSE and I can only say that is impressive, I listen to the SR009.

Are you using the stock Mullard tubes ?

My BHSE should be with me In 4 weeks exactly :wink:

I will use It with a SR009, and I am still hesitating between the stock Mullard or the shuguang that Justin can both provide or... ??

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #8,310 of 9,899
Hello, I am using as Justin has commanded there will be time to change, and you have little to enjoy your BHSE,

????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back