Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jan 18, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #7,771 of 9,899
I found one of the AC input fuses had blown. I replaced them several times with new fuses but each time the unit would power in momentarily--the LEDs in the PS and amp would light up for a fraction of second--before going dead.

Any thoughts? With thanks in advance.

See Justin's recommendation below ... go 0.5A higher with the AC fuse. Make sure it's a slow blow type.

most likely it is the AC input fuses, often they just need to be replaced. On the current batch, I found that the AC input fuse is blowing about 1 out of every 180 power ups. Which could be remedied by going to the next higher current rating

Jan 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #7,772 of 9,899

most likely it is the AC input fuses, often they just need to be replaced. On the current batch, I found that the AC input fuse is blowing about 1 out of every 180 power ups. Which could be remedied by going to the next higher current rating.

I may be dumb, but in that case (well known issue and solution), why not using higher rated fuses from the beginning ? Any drawbacks ? 
confused.gif

Ali

Jan 18, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #7,773 of 9,899

Thank you icebear, and everyone else.  In the end it was a blown fuse, everything working again.  My apologies for the embarrassing queries, but thank you for the quick responses and suggestions.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #7,776 of 9,899
Curious, I get the odd UPS behaviour also. My version is that I get an email from the UPS saying it will shut down in 5 mins, and then an email that the shutdown is cancelled within 10-20 secs. A power regenerator on another socket restarted twice in quick succession, but since I moved a Mac desktop away from it there has been no problem. The desktop used to be on the same circuit as the UPS, I moved it to the regenerator (because it was my primary music source). 
Devices through the rest of the house behave fine and we don't fuses blowing or trip switches popping.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #7,778 of 9,899
  I can't see one with purple finish:frowning2:

I thought I was going to get lucky and receive a final payment notice thinking either the far right middle/bottom shelf BHSE might have been one of mine being they both look like the "dark silver"/"light gray" which is the new additional color after Justin received them by accident instead of the "dark gray" panels and mentioned he was going to add this color
(which I ordered for batch #4) to batch #5. Nothing yet. 
frown.gif
 Whishfull thinking. 
smile.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #7,780 of 9,899
  I thought I was going to get lucky and receive a final payment notice thinking either the far right middle/bottom shelf BHSE might have been one of mine being they both look like the "dark silver"/"light gray" which is the new additional color after Justin received them by accident instead of the "dark gray" panels and mentioned he was going to add this color
(which I ordered for batch #4) to batch #5. Nothing yet. 
frown.gif
 Whishfull thinking. 
smile.gif

Hi joseph69, when did you order BHSE? I pay the deposit last March and have not received the final payment information.
Anybody placed an order at the same time?  Do we belong to this batch(3, 4 or 5)?
US dollar has been climbing against the RMB……

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #7,781 of 9,899
  Hi joseph69, when did you order BHSE? I pay the deposit last March and have not received the final payment information.
Anybody placed an order at the same time?  Do we belong to this batch(3, 4 or 5)?
US dollar has been climbing against the RMB……

I ordered my BHSE 10/2015 and made the current batch which is #4 which are being burned-in now a group at a time (I don't know how many are in a "group") but it may look like 12 from the last post from Justin. I haven't received a final payment notice as of yet, but I would think I would be one of the last ones in batch #4.

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #7,785 of 9,899
Needless to say the excitement is rising here as we get closer to possible shipping notifications. My family and friends will be glad when I get this amp, too. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back