Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 2, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #7,801 of 9,882
I would PM here and email him as well. If you don't here response in a couple of days, do it again. I find Justin responds quickly or not at all.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #7,802 of 9,882
Is anyone using the BHSE as a true pre-amp? I am simplifying my system by using a DAC that will be collecting all the audio from music server, BluRay player, and Comcast cable box. My new configuration will just have this DAC and my phono amp as sources, and I probably could live with just the one balanced, and one RCA input, making the BHSE an option as pre-amp, instead of an additional output from my existing pre-amp.

Just asking though, if any one is using, or has tried using the BHSE as pre-amp please post some impressions.

[Nevermind, I just noticed the outputs are "loop" outputs, and therefore are not affected by the volume control]

Thanks.

PS. if you are still waiting this amp, its worth the wait, crying here does not help usually. Email/Call Justin, he will respond when he has time. His PM is usually too full for him to sort you out in it.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #7,805 of 9,882
^ She is beautiful!  How about the sound?

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #7,807 of 9,882
It needs a Yggdrasil in front of it to bring out all of it's innate goodness....!    
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #7,813 of 9,882

Preproman,

Congratulations.  Since you are in DC, if you want to listen to how double D or double O el34's sound, we could compare.  Of course, I think that dark grey BHSEs sounds better than black ones.

Ctemkin

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #7,814 of 9,882

Preproman,

Congratulations.  Since you are in DC, if you want to listen to how double D or double O el34's sound, we could compare.  Of course, I think that dark grey BHSEs sounds better than black ones.

Ctemkin

lol...

The grey ones has a midrange suck out. 

Sure - Once ya'll dig out from that storm, I would love to come over and hear a few tubes.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back