Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 1, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #7,426 of 9,902
I think the way the dust cover interfaces with the driver housing changes from mk1 version to version and then some, but I've only had three samples to look at over the years

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #7,427 of 9,902
Sorry to derail the thread, but do any of you know how to get in contact with Justin when cancelling your BHSE order?

I pre-ordered a BHSE last year (paid the initial 1/4 deposit), but had to cancel it due to unforeseen circumstances. I've sent several emails to Justin asking for the cancellation and refund, and that was 3 months ago. He did reply me once, like 2 months ago, that he would take care of it soon, but haven't heard from him since.

I know he must be busy and all, and after all, it's my fault that I had to cancel the order, but this prolonged silence is somewhat bothering me.

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #7,428 of 9,902
Justin has really strict filters on his email, so he probably didn't see it because it got marked as spam. The best way to get in touch is to call the number on the website.

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #7,429 of 9,902
  Justin has really strict filters on his email, so he probably didn't see it because it got marked as spam. The best way to get in touch is to call the number on the website.

Never thought of doing that. Guess I should try calling his company during work hours. Turns out it's halfway across the world from where I live.

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #7,430 of 9,902
Well, it's 8 am on the US East Coast now, so give it until 9 and then try calling. Justin should surely be in by then.

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #7,432 of 9,902
  Well, it's 8 am on the US East Coast now, so give it until 9 and then try calling. Justin should surely be in by then.

Well that's great... I called and was forwarded to an automated voice messaging system, which didn't accept my message because its mailbox was full. Looks like I'll have to resort to PM.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #7,433 of 9,902
I placed an order earlier this week. As it has not yet been announced that Batch #4 has been sold out yet I can only assume it is in that batch where I lie.

When I get contacted by Justin for other required order details I can post the progress here. But I know what is involved with this and I am under no concern about delivery times. I'd guess that it should be advantageous to have made the very tail end of Batch #4 even if my BHSE might be among the last shipped from Batch #4 based on order queue FIFO.

I have a new set of SR-007 mk1 sitting in the box for the last several years waiting for an amp to energize them. It will take a while longer but it will come to pass.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #7,434 of 9,902
I actually tried to call phone number listed on the website during business hours in Virginia, but it was never answered.
So far my experience with Justin communications is very negative. The only times he replies really quick is when you discuss sending money to him :frowning2: After money are sent he prefers to ignore my requests.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #7,435 of 9,902
  I actually tried to call phone number listed on the website during business hours in Virginia, but it was never answered.
So far my experience with Justin communications is very negative. The only times he replies really quick is when you discuss sending money to him :frowning2: After money are sent he prefers to ignore my requests.

I think he's out of the country for CanJam, he's listed as an exhibitor.

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #7,436 of 9,902
  .... The only times he replies really quick is when you discuss sending money to him :frowning2: After money are sent he prefers to ignore my requests.

Two topics.
1) I reported to Justin that my BHSE was blowing fuses while warming up (so I did not see it happening). Justin did not reply to my first email, and apologized for having missed it, when I sent a second.  He responded to the second email *on the day* I sent it.
2) Re. the 2A fuses in the mains line, Justin wrote "if [a 2A fuse in the mains line blows for no other reason, it] is occurring when the relay for the high voltage comes on, it's possible you might just need to go to a 2.5A or 3A fuse".  I have switched to 3A fuses from Fries Electronics.
(I did subsequently ask him if I could share 2) on this forum, and never got a response.  *My interpretation* is that I asked a dumb question to which he did not feel the need to respond.)

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #7,437 of 9,902
I actually tried to call phone number listed on the website during business hours in Virginia, but it was never answered. So far my experience with Justin communications is very negative. The only times he replies really quick is when you discuss sending money to him :frowning2: After money are sent he prefers to ignore my requests.

I've personally had the most success using SMS text messaging to communicate with Justin, for whatever that's worth.... (the phone # on the site is his cell phone)

I think he's out of the country for CanJam, he's listed as an exhibitor.

I heard directly from Justin that he isn't personally attending CanJam London, and that Iron_Dreamer/HeadAmpTeam will be there instead to represent HeadAmp.

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #7,438 of 9,902

please send me a PM, i dont know your real name so i don't know what email to look for. 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #7,440 of 9,902
Common sense would answer NO.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back