Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #7,396 of 9,902
I'm not the biggest fan of the blue faceplate, too bright for my tastes

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #7,397 of 9,902
For me, for the [COLOR=0000FF]BLUE[/COLOR] Hawaii, there is only one colour for the faceplate. :wink:  

That's exactly why I chose blue as well. I like colors for my hifi gear. Brings some life into the dullness that is black or silver. By the way, this is by no means a demeaning comment on the other color options for the BSHE. Most if not all look very nice.

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #7,398 of 9,902

Sorry, I hate to derail this thread...but since you asked:

I too owned the LL1 and thought the KGSSHV was the better amp, but the LL2 has really kicked things into gear. Not only with my SR-009s, but also with the SR-007Mk1s too (which for me says a lot). My KGGSHV was the off board 1969SA version with the current cranked up to 10mA and it sounded glorious. I'm sure the new owner will love it. Side by side to his modded SRM727II (spritzer mod), the KGSSHV was clearly superior even after a brief listen. The LL2 is just a bit smoother to my ears and works better with my "go to" headphones (SR-009s), but yet has steel fisted control of the SR-007s.

As I stated, if I were to get back into tube amps, the BHSE would be one of the top ones I'd look at.

Thanks Macedonian. I am glad Cavalli seem to have sorted the amp with the LL2. They got a kicking over at the other place, which I don't like to see, but obviously if the LL1 was weak buyers need to know I guess. It got slammed for the sound as well as the build standard, the PCBs did look crude. This hobby by nature of small niche manufacturers is remote and more than not without demos, so folk rely on others who have heard them. I agree with you, the KGSShv is a big jump on my Stax SRM-717 which is similar to the 727 (maybe better). I have heard my KGSShv off-board in a decent demo with David's BHSE and both are great amps. If I was loaded I would have both, who wouldn't. The simpler solid state KGSShv (as in no valve hassles) suits my lifestyle and budget. If anyone asked me what amp to buy I would say BHSE if you are ok with valve costs and switching it off if you go out, KGSShv if you want a simpler system. I could live with either as regards sound quality. I will hear David's BHSE in a week or so with his NOS Mullards. Excited!

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #7,399 of 9,902
I will hear David's BHSE in a week or so with his NOS Mullards. Excited!

I was listening to my 009/BHSE/K-01 using the Mullard xf4's last evening-night Julian, and I've a feeling you're going to be extremely impressed with the SQ you'll be hearing with that set-up.
However I must add that the music you've downloaded onto my MacMini does sound very special, and most of what I was listening to yesterday was that music via my sources DAC.

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #7,400 of 9,902
I got a bunch of nos xf2's mainly for the reliability, if they sound better that's a bonus 
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #7,401 of 9,902
  So, does anybody know if there is still stock left of the current BHSE batch?

there are still a few available. final assembly has started on those and with the silver front panels i just received i can start shipping that color first. the rest should be here in a few weeks.

for the prior batch, the last shipment of those is going out next week. they are finishing burn-in now.

and i have begun ordering the parts for the next-next batch -- since the batch being assembled now is nearly sold out, likely they will be all gone around the time i start shipping them. so, more is needed. this will absolutely be the last batch 

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 24, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #7,402 of 9,902
damn, end of an era?

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #7,404 of 9,902
there are still a few available. final assembly has started on those and with the silver front panels i just received i can start shipping that color first. the rest should be here in a few weeks.

I put down my deposit on July 4th. Does that mean that I got in on the batch you are now assembling? I have not been asked about color yet.

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #7,405 of 9,902
Hey guys, last run of the BHSE looming - buy now or regret it? I am tempted but will stay with my KGSShv. Maybe in another life (where I have more cash).....  Having said that the KGSShv is a great amp.

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #7,407 of 9,902
I think Justin will keep building e-stat amps, even if they are no BHSE. Which design will he choose next...it's up to him 
smile_phones.gif

Anyway, his posts are a bit concerning for me, because they let me think I'll have my BHSE before 2016...and I know deep inside I really must'nt have this kind of expectations 
redface.gif

Ali

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #7,408 of 9,902
Does he offer it in a blue case?  I think a "Blue Hawaii" should at least have an option for some beautifully colored cases other than black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back