Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jan 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,721 of 9,902
  If anyone is interested in taking over an order for a new CURRENT batch (currently in delivery) BHSE (RK50/Silver) as well as take on my STAX 009s (new, not used) please PM me. Due to a very unfortunate situation (as documented on this thread in the last discussion: http://www.head-fi.org/t/745025/the-bhse-depressed-awaiting-delivery-thread/15) I am unable to take delivery for almost a year and after trying with Justin it just seems I am out of solutions to try at this point. Thanks!
Hey Purk, I hear you and I am really not frustrated. I was and am happy to wait, but I just got deployed overseas for 9 months to a year (in two years time one's life can change quite a bit! :) and well for what is really a very long story was in a bind on what to do about delivery in my absence. I might still be able to work it out though, hoping. 

I would recommend (if you can't wait) to sell your BHSE order, and get a KGSShv built. I have one with the 009s and LOVE IT. Point is, the BHSE is not the only great amp that works so well with the 009s, and I would not let those 009s go, they are the best headphones on the planet, you may regret that?

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #6,722 of 9,902
I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, and if so whether it would work in a business, but imo Justin should build the amps first, ( this is mainly with the BHSE and GS-Xmk2 ) then offer them to buy when they're done.
Justin would probably be worried on whether they'd sell, but having the BHSE and reading others thoughts on his amps, I don't think he'd have a problem in selling them.

I agree with that David, but running a small business has cash flow issues, and I would guess Justin hasn't the cash to so that. 20 amps x $5000 = $100,000 up front. That is serious money. To get a loan from a bank would be expensive and put up the price no doubt of the amp. I think the best thing Justin could do IMO is give clients clear delivery dates. I was told 6 months, and later found it would be rather like 18 months. Some are waiting more than that. If clients are promised then let down, maybe more than once, it enflames the situation, not calming it. I for one am happy to wait for products, but I need to have rock solid delivery dates as the upfront money makes me nervous. Companies can and do go South. 

Besides all this running a small company politics, the BHSE is clearly a remarkable classic amp, one that will be remembered long after Justin stops production. It is this aspect that allows this situation to exist, i.e. folk want it so bad, they will take it on the chin.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #6,723 of 9,902
  ... I for one am happy to wait for products, but I need to have rock solid delivery dates as the upfront money makes me nervous. Companies can and do go South. 

Besides all this running a small company politics, the BHSE is clearly a remarkable classic amp, one that will be remembered long after Justin stops production. It is this aspect that allows this situation to exist, i.e. folk want it so bad, they will take it on the chin.

When you read this thread here (or the GSX-MKII thread for the same matter) then it becomes very obvious that you can expect a state of the art quality audio product from Justin with meticulous care of detail but the very last thing you can expect is what you are asking for
wink.gif

It's ready when it's ready and it's on it's way to you once you have the shipping confirmation with tracking number and not a second earlier. That's how it is and all the complaining and suggestions on how to run such a small business better are like blowin' in the wind. Sorry to say that but it seems people are not getting it
rolleyes.gif

As you said yourself, if you want it so badly, you have to cope with this.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #6,724 of 9,902
When you read this thread here (or the GSX-MKII thread for the same matter) then it becomes very obvious that you can expect a state of the art quality audio product from Justin with meticulous care of detail but the very last thing you can expect is what you are asking for :wink: .

It's ready when it's ready and it's on it's way to you once you have the shipping confirmation with tracking number and not a second earlier. That's how it is and all the complaining and suggestions on how to run such a small business better are like blowin' in the wind. Sorry to say that but it seems people are not getting it :rolleyes: .

As you said yourself, if you want it so badly, you have to cope with this.

I dont think you get our discussions either, most of us are fine with the amps being delivered when it's ready with no specific timeline had justin actually said so.
Instead, Justin made unrealistic claims about the delivery date and communications have been less than desired.

Some people like myself and Phil are fine with this, because we are happy to wait for a quality product.

But imagine being an overseas buyer with a weak grasp of english, your money is being held up for 2 years and there's minimal communication except for the usual "your amp is being shipped next week". I know I would be paranoid.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #6,725 of 9,902
Again, it's well known when Justin says 6 months, double it.

As for people ordering overseas, or the weak argument of poor english..don't order the damn thing in the first place if you're not going to familiarize yourself with how BHSE runs go. There's plenty of 'ready to ship' amplifiers out there to buy instead.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #6,726 of 9,902
  Derek,
I can't see why he didn't recieve your pm, maybe he's too busy to answer it.

Probably NOT, hang in there,dude, it will come.........

Hi Wink

I order mine in NOV 2012 , i wait for it 26 months but that's ok , the things Important is he always ignore my mail , pm or what , it is very , very , very tired to find him , really .
he never reply me any mail form JUL 2014 till now , it is Unacceptable right ?
things will get worse , there is a limit to patience .

Derek

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #6,727 of 9,902
Quote:paradoxper
As for people ordering overseas, over the weak argument of poor english..don't order the damn thing in the first place. There's plenty of 'ready to ship' amplifiers out there to choose. This isn't one of them.

Yeah, this.

In Europe you can get a Transistoramp v4, a Malvalve, an Audiovalve Luminaire etc.

In the US you could get a Woo GES, Woo WES or a Cavalli Liquid Lightning.

So, plenty of choices.

And who's to say that you may think they are keepers.

And, let's not forget Stax's own amps.........

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #6,728 of 9,902
Derek 12345,

Perhaps his email setup is putting your messages into his junk mail folder.

This is a very common problem

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #6,729 of 9,902
Again, it's well known when Justin says 6 months, double it.

As for people ordering overseas, or the weak argument of poor english..don't order the damn thing in the first place if you're not going to familiarize yourself with how BHSE runs go. There's plenty of 'ready to ship' amplifiers out there to buy instead.

Well known to whom? The western buyers who happen to read head fi? Not everybody reads head-fi.
Sometimes they hear about the BHSE from solely word of mouth.

When you are about to buy a product with such a well-known reputation for its quality and you want to make enquiries about it, who would you contact: the manufacturers or some strangers on an internet forum?

With hindsight, sure, everybody should have done a thorough research on head fi but we can't expect every audiophile to know head-fi.

Further, the onus should still be on the seller to provide the most accurate information he has at that point in time since he is the only one with the full knowledge of the state of the production.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #6,730 of 9,902
Well known to whom? The western buyers who happen to read head fi? Not everybody reads head-fi.
Sometimes they hear about the BHSE from solely word of mouth.

When you are about to buy a product with such a well-known reputation for its quality and you want to make enquiries about it, who would you contact: the manufacturers or some strangers on an internet forum?

With hindsight, sure, everybody should have done a thorough research on head fi but we can't expect every audiophile to know head-fi.

Further, the onus should still be on the seller to provide the most accurate information he has at that point in time since he is the only one with the full knowledge of the state of the production. Buyers can then make an informed decision to go through with the purchase or not.

Well known to those who bother to do the research beforehand. If you are going to drop $6k, you can bother to do a little reading.

Sure. Inquire about what, exactly? What can't a Google search help you find? Further, why not ask the many owners.

Ignorance is no excuse, IMO.

I agree. Justin should flat out ignore all you pestering, whiny people asking about ETA. Simply sticky a note to the website, this thread, etc that says it's ready when it ships.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #6,731 of 9,902
Is the BHSE weak in bass or body in the midrange? I have some concerns that the BHSE will sound lean in the midrange and bass. The fact that Asr and others say the BHSE is a better match for the 007 mk i seems to aggravate those concerns....

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #6,732 of 9,902
I think it's not so much about not giving info on ETA but rather giving false hope. A notice with upcoming testing on rack and shipment followed by 12+ months of silence / no response to any emails / PMs can be offputting and I guess I am being very patient because I have no other choice.

There's a line somehwere in the sand between responding to all the I want it yesterday requests and simply ignoring all requests. My take is justin's communication is not his strongest asset...

Arnaud

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #6,733 of 9,902
Is the BHSE weak in bass or body in the midrange? I have some concerns that the BHSE will sound lean in the midrange and bass. The fact that Asr and others say the BHSE is a better match for the 007 mk i seems to aggravate those concerns....

I have listened to many of the contenders multiple times (Stax, Cavalli, WOO, BHSE, RSA, EC) and I felt that the bass was very nice on the BHSE (that's why I ordered it), Cavalli LL was also very nice.  I would not say it is weak in the bass or mids, IMO that is and YOMV.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #6,734 of 9,902
I think it's not so much about not giving info on ETA but rather giving false hope. A notice with upcoming testing on rack and shipment followed by 12+ months of silence / no response to any emails / PMs can be offputting and I guess I am being very patient because I have no other choice.

There's a line somehwere in the sand between responding to all the I want it yesterday requests and simply ignoring all requests. My take is justin's communication is not his strongest asset...

Arnaud

The long wait time is why I've decided not to order a BHSE and go a different route. As I see it, Justin doesn't communicate per personal messaging well (for whatever reason.)
He does however update the masses in this thread, for whatever that is worth.

My take is do your homework on how the runs work and make your informed decision from there. Once you pay the man, A. Sit tight. B. Request a refund.

This goes back to simply reading about some waiting 2+ years for their BHSE. If you want something now, get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back