Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #6,617 of 9,899
Dec 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #6,620 of 9,899
  I think BHSE is better match with a soften source that I change from K01 to DC801/DP800 now.Just as DC801's XLR OUTPUT PIN 2 is inverted. I have to use RCA input for BHSE.....

Have you experimented using different filter/upsample settings with your K01?

Using my D-02, which is pretty much the same DAC, with a KGSS and a 009, there is a wide variety of sound manipulation.

High resolution data also provide a kind of smoothness. In fact the better quality of the recordings keeps the harshness out of the can.
I thought that the BHSE sound smoother than the KGSS already. 
That i know only from reading review information on the web.
Maybe in some month i will be able to compare my equipment to the BHSE.
Really cant wait for that moment.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #6,621 of 9,899
While using the stock mullard's and SED tubes with my BHSE, I tried all the different settings on my K-01 and couldn't find any that would solve the problem I had, only the tubes I'm now using has done that which is why I got another quad for when something happens to the first quad.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #6,622 of 9,899
I only got 2 set of tubes that the BHSE stock tube and a set of national that even not pair. And the tube rolling seen not so positive in by case, I think I have to got some better tubes but so far don't have any idea what to get.

the K01 is gone and so I cannot test for the filter. But I do now whats the different between DC801 and K01. maybe the new K01X is the solution that the report here is Hong Kong claim that K01x is more musical then the K01. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #6,623 of 9,899
Does any one know what input is selected when using the loop out with the amp turned off?  I will have a single source that I want to use for both my speakers (via Pass amps) and the headphones (via BHSE).  I was thinking of using the BHSE as the pass through (i.e., DAC -> BHSE -> Pass Amp).  A (rather old) post from Justin mentioned that when BHSE is off, the passive loop-out defaults to a particular input (http://www.head-fi.org/t/223263/the-stax-thread-new/13560#post_6727564 ).

I'm specifically asking about the XLR input/output - can this be used when the BHSE is turned off?

Anil

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #6,626 of 9,899
Success, my BHSE arrived on my desk this morning. Bad news is that I don't have a pair of SR-009s yet, so I can't listen yet.

I will get it setup in my listening room tonight though, and perhaps post some pictures tomorrow.

Fast shipping, very professional packaging, I have not unboxed yet, but what I can see looks great.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6,627 of 9,899
the new box seem more compact. but I think I like the old one a bit more that easier to get the amp out. The new packing need to be a bit care. And Justin just have a note on top that be care of the psu drop.

In my case, I advice to turn the box sideway and slide the whole amp and psu out carefully.

But 2 things the new package do over the old one. 1st, the new package to more solid then the old one. As the old package have the amp and psu side by side, in between may be a weak point. the new package is seem more possible for reuse as the shape seem more usful.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #6,628 of 9,899
the new box seem more compact. but I think I like the old one a bit more that easier to get the amp out. The new packing need to be a bit care. And Justin just have a note on top that be care of the psu drop.

In my case, I advice to turn the box sideway and slide the whole amp and psu out carefully.

But 2 things the new package do over the old one. 1st, the new package to more solid then the old one. As the old package have the amp and psu side by side, in between may be a weak point. the new package is seem more possible for reuse as the shape seem more usful.

you can cut the 2 pieces of foam in half to avoid this issue which is how the production foam is made. the one i shipped yours in was a prototype foam i made myself. because there is a small change in dimension to the newest power supplies, the new foam wont fit the old amps.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,629 of 9,899
I opened mine up at lunch.  The top pieces of foam will come off the top of the amp, and then it lifts out easily.  The PSU has to be pulled out with the ends though, but that is easy enough. I managed it solo with no mishaps, having someone to hold the box while you pull on the PSU case would make it easier.

Be aware, that the pointy feet are already attatched to the cases, so be sure to have a safe spot to place the units as you get them out of the box.  You will have to remove the plastic wrapping, then you can place the units into position.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #6,630 of 9,899
Preliminary iPhone pics. No cans yet.

Beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back