Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #5,356 of 9,902
I got some little black metal disks for my BHSE and PSU to sit upon (wooden shelf).  It appears that audioadvisor does not carry them any more though. I have not been convinced to spend megabucks on anything other than pretty spike feet myself.  Most of my gear I put sorbothane type disks/feet under.

Jun 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #5,357 of 9,902
  Because I use my MacMini as a music server to my headphone gear, I decided to put it on the middle shelf of my audio rack between my BHSE's amp section and PSU.
With both units of the BHSE having spiked feet, I had a small stand made to rest my MacMini on and had spiked feet made similar to the ones on the BHSE.
I had some spare isolation cones so used them with that stand.

I got the stand from the same place that did my audio racks, and the spiked feet [ which are made of stainless steel ] I got from the same engineer that did the brackets for my 009's and LCD-XC's headbands I did.

Here are some photos of that mini stand with my MacMini and one on my audio rack.

The circle is leather for resting my MacMini on

looks amazing - all your gear looks immaculate. I read that you sold your GSX to a lucky headfier - hope the sale went well. Anything on the horizon for you in the near future? 

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #5,358 of 9,902
I got some little black metal disks for my BHSE and PSU to sit upon (wooden shelf).  It appears that audioadvisor does not carry them any more though. I have not been convinced to spend megabucks on anything other than pretty spike feet myself.  Most of my gear I put sorbothane type disks/feet under.

Check out herbie's isolation devices of which he is most famous for his tube dampeners.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #5,359 of 9,902

looks amazing - all your gear looks immaculate. I read that you sold your GSX to a lucky headfier - hope the sale went well. Anything on the horizon for you in the near future? 
[/quote]

Thanks Paddy.

Regarding the sale of the GS-Xmk2 I had, although the head-fier that bought it told me he was very happy with the SQ he heard, ( the headphones being used were my LCD-XC's ) I could tell from his reaction he was impressed even before he said anything.
He also got to hear my 009 / BHSE.

Although it won't be in the near future, I am eventually thinking on getting a KGSSHV, however that depends on whether Justin starts building them.

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #5,360 of 9,902
I'm sure Spritzer would build you one and quality wise would be at least as good if not better in some respects 
cool.gif

Quote:
Although it won't be in the near future, I am eventually thinking on getting a KGSSHV, however that depends on whether Justin starts building them.

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #5,361 of 9,902
Birgir is someone I'd definitely consider Malcolm, but as I say it won't be for sometime before I've the spare money to get the KGSSHV, probably at least two years, and by that time Justin might have started building them.

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5,362 of 9,902
Birgir is someone I'd definitely consider Malcolm, but as I say it won't be for sometime before I've the spare money to get the KGSSHV, probably at least two years, and by that time Justin might have started building them.

How much do they cost? Less than 5000 or more?

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #5,364 of 9,902
  Considerably less than $5000.  Choice of some parts and chassis can have a big influence on the final price.  $2500 is ball park.  You could do it cheaper, and you could spend more...

well, that's not too bad at all

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #5,365 of 9,902
I purchased a KGSShv from Birgir a while back.  He builds an exceptional sounding amp and takes care of his customers.

I owned the BHSE and HV at the same time for a short while- later sold the HV.  

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #5,366 of 9,902
How much do they cost? Less than 5000 or more?

I think Birgir's KGSSHV is around $3000, but I can't say for sure.

The only reason I'd eventually be wanting another stats amp, is if anything happened to my BHSE I wouldn't be without listening to my 009's.
I did order the Aristaeus, but something cropped up and I needed the money I paid for that amp.
When I'm ready, I could order the Aristaeus again, but I'm now wanting a SS stats amp.
The six isolation cones that I'm using with the stand that my MacMini sits on, were actually for the Aristaeus.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #5,367 of 9,902
I think Birgir's KGSSHV is around $3000, but I can't say for sure.

The only reason I'd eventually be wanting another stats amp, is if anything happened to my BHSE I wouldn't be without listening to my 009's.
I did order the Aristaeus, but something cropped up and I needed the money I paid for that amp.
When I'm ready, I could order the Aristaeus again, but I'm now wanting a SS stats amp.
The six isolation cones that I'm using with the stand that my MacMini sits on, were actually for the Aristaeus.

I have a Spritzer/Birgir KGSSHV built amp.  I can tell you it is a bit north of $3k.  The cost to build KGSSHV have risen a bit from what I understand as the preferred Sanyo parts are becoming a bit harder to obtain.  I do not think Spritzer sells his built amps on a normal basis.  It more about if he has some built ones lying around.  In fact, I think most of the third party KGSSHV builders are what I consider hobbyists who have an interest in amp design and doing it more for the fun than anything else.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #5,368 of 9,902
If this trail hasn't gone cold, I use Vertex AQ supports underneath my Aristaeus, albeit taking care to minimize the risk of abrasion.  There is certainly a considerable improvement in sound quality as a result.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #5,370 of 9,902
With the SQ I'm getting from my BHSE, I don't believe any available Stax amp will get close to that, and although I've never heard the KGSSHV, I also don't think that amp will sound as good as the BHSE, but it should sound closer than the Stax amps. Because of that I'd sooner wait until I've the money for a KGSSHV.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back