Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 7, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #5,342 of 9,899

Yeah after all : It's the BLUE Hawaii SE
Although, as it's the BHSE, also Black might be admissable.
Of course brown is out of the question, any color associated with poo is a no go
biggrin.gif

Lots of SR-Lambda are poo-coloured 
tongue.gif

Ali

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #5,346 of 9,899
Only black is truly uncolored. Silver has glare.

Silver does have glare but thats ok, I wear sunglasses when amp is on.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #5,348 of 9,899
Can someone tell me if I go balanced in, can I get a signal out of the tape loop rca output, or will it only come out the xlr loop out?

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #5,352 of 9,899
Because I use my MacMini as a music server to my headphone gear, I decided to put it on the middle shelf of my audio rack between my BHSE's amp section and PSU.
With both units of the BHSE having spiked feet, I had a small stand made to rest my MacMini on and had spiked feet made similar to the ones on the BHSE.
I had some spare isolation cones so used them with that stand.

I got the stand from the same place that did my audio racks, and the spiked feet [ which are made of stainless steel ] I got from the same engineer that did the brackets for my 009's and LCD-XC's headbands I did.

Here are some photos of that mini stand with my MacMini and one on my audio rack.

The circle is leather for resting my MacMini on

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #5,354 of 9,899
That for sure is the most high end custom base a mini Mac has ever rested on
beerchug.gif

A suggestion though :
In general the concept of the feet is to drain mechanical vibration out of the equipment and protect it from picking up outside vibration. When the spikes are isolated from the platform below, they might not do their job in this respect. Have you tried to use the spiked feet without the cones? Of course the surface below will get scratches if the equipment is pushed without lifting it but just to experiment if there's a sonic difference, I would give it a try. Especially with the BHSE itself.

If there was any difference, your set up should be able to reveal it.

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #5,355 of 9,899
Nice craftsmanship David

Thanks Nick.

That for sure is the most high end custom base a mini Mac has ever rested on
beerchug.gif

A suggestion though :
In general the concept of the feet is to drain mechanical vibration out of the equipment and protect it from picking up outside vibration. When the spikes are isolated from the platform below, they might not do their job in this respect. Have you tried to use the spiked feet without the cones? Of course the surface below will get scratches if the equipment is pushed without lifting it but just to experiment if there's a sonic difference, I would give it a try. Especially with the BHSE itself.

If there was any difference, your set up should be able to reveal it.

I would never put the spikes on the wooden shelves of my audio rack icebear, but regarding the isolation cone, the hole where the spike fits in has rubber inside , so there should be no unwanted vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back