Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #9,692 of 9,899
What? There were complainers despite the known wait times? On this site?

Yeah, it was a little ridiculous.
HA!

These were the good days.

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #9,693 of 9,899
If directed at me, Not complaining here, just pointing out my threshold of waiting for a product. If you went in knowing it might be two years then that’s on you. I know Justin, purchased my Stax gear from him, nice guy. I actually live a few hours from him. I’ll do 6 months like I did for my BMW preorder and my Don Garber audio products, but 2 year, man that sure is something to be proud of, oh yeah!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #9,694 of 9,899
If directed at me, Not complaining here, just pointing out my threshold of waiting for a product. If you went in knowing it might be two years then that’s on you. I know Justin, purchased my Stax gear from him, nice guy. I actually live a few hours from him. I’ll do 6 months like I did for my BMW preorder and my Don Garber audio products, but 2 year, man that sure is something to be proud of, oh yeah!

Wasn't referring to you. I think a few of us early customers were just reminiscing about the good old days when Justin appeared to be a one man show and could only crank these out so fast. Particularly given how serious he is about build quality including what he receives from his parts suppliers.

There were times that I think we all felt we were getting close, only for Justin to (rightly) reject parts due to imperfections. In my case, I was only a few weeks away from shipping when the faceplates for the batch arrived and several colors weren't up to HeadAmp standards. The wait may have been long, but the end product was as perfect as it could likely be.

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #9,698 of 9,899
Dear All Head-fiers

Does anyone know the time for a BHSE to be repaired by Justin?

Justin has confirmed with me that, mine needs a new PCB in mid October.

But since then, nothing has been heard from him.

May I know what the estimated time should be?

Thanks a lot.

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #9,699 of 9,899
Dear All Head-fiers

Thanks a lot.
That depends on whether the parts are on hand, I have seen one individual wait almost a year "and a half" (or more) for a repair, his was quite dirty and corroded due to his climate and he was on the other side of the world from HeadAmp...
Best bet is to ask Justin.
As always YMMV, key is to be persistent and patient

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #9,700 of 9,899
That depends on whether the parts are on hand, I have seen one individual wait almost a year (or more) for a repair, his was quite dirty and corroded due to his climate and he was on the other side of the world from HeadAmp...
Best bet is to ask Justin.
As always YMMV, key is to be persistent and patient
Really thanks for your info. I think mine will take a while as he said a new PCB will needed to be made. At least I have an estimation, though long. Thanks again.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #9,704 of 9,899
Dear All Head-fiers

Thanks a lot.

Totally depends on the issue and the parts they have on hand. Especially with all of the supply chain issues. I know headamp gets a lot of a demand and it can be harder to get in contact, but once you do the service is always top notch. I should be getting my own BHSE back in a week or so. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back