Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #2,296 of 9,902
Quote:
Welcome Back, My BHSE~~

thanks Justin~~

Congratz... Glad to see another Esoteric K-01 -> BHSE -> SR009 combo. The white plastic thingy does not look secured enough  though - is that a temporary solution?

Let's start doing some tube switching when my BHSE arrives :)

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #2,297 of 9,902
Aug 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #2,298 of 9,902
Quote:
Let's start doing some tube switching when my BHSE arrives :)

I've really enjoyed SED Winged C's in the bh, you should give them a shot when you get the amp.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #2,300 of 9,902
My Solidsteel ones are not as expensive as the TAOC ones .... And IMO the Solidsteel 6.2 occupies too much space (height) for each level. Your K-01 needs a little more breathing space - it looks cool and is cool most of the time, but the chassis can get warmish given that Esoteric uses the chassis to do heat dissipation. Maybe try FE racks?

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2,305 of 9,902
When I receive the Aristaeus I can only position both units on the top shelf of my audio rack, the only slight problem is Justin said placing the amp directly on top of it's PSU would probably cause unwanted noise. Because of that I'm having a small one shelf rack made similar. Doing this will allow the amp + PSU to be separated yet be on the same shelf on my audio rack.

P.S. The Aristaeus is going to go at the side of my BHSE's amp section.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2,306 of 9,902
My BHSE unit arrived yesterday. 

After listening a few hours yesterday and today, I am speechless. This amp is terrific, a massive improvement over my previous electrostatic amp. Now I really understand what my 007A phones can deliver. First there is the transparency of the music. I can almost feel how the musicians play each note, how they hit the string or blow air inside the instrument. The nuance of how they hit, precisely, firmly or loosely. There is also the speed of the attack, e.g. the first note when the music starts. Music appears from nowhere. The transition from silence to music is blazing fast. The image is precise and wide. The bass is very tight and articulated, I can hear detail in the articulation of the bass as I never heard before in my well-known recordings. The bass reaches deep. However it is delicate, it does not ride the bass of my Audeze LCD2. This is the only point from the LCD2 that I sometimes miss from my Stax rig, although not always, at times it can be distracting. 

I thought of sharing some unboxing pictures.

Cheers,

Arturo

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2,309 of 9,902
Congrats! The BHSE looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back