Head-Fis Changed
May 17, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #76 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
I don't know if I'm entitled to an opinion in this thread, being that I'm sixteen and a relatively new member to this community however, it bothers me too when people enter comments and don't bother to capitalize and be punctual with their grammar.

Yeah, I hate late grammar.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

May 17, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #77 of 80
I was walking around Fry's the other day with my father. We walked into the Mac section (which happens to have a number of DAPs as well. He made a comment how this reminded him of the days when the transistor radio first came out. It was all about having the smallest coolest radio and not at all about sound. Apparently it was challenging then to find a radio that anything resembling full sound, now it's difficult to find a DAP that focuses on the quality of the thing it was first designed to do (play audio).

Oh well... eventually people like us will make it change. Once everyone realizes it's the norm to have a small device capable of storing an entire CD collection.

May 17, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #78 of 80
I actually visit head-fi now because of the people that post.
Well-informed individuals, with enough humor to make it enjoyable. The level of moderation has kept things cordial. Enough arguments to make it interesting.

I orginally came for headphone advice, but I return for the above reasons.

May 17, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #79 of 80
I'm here pretty much exclusively for the music forum, which is vastly improved over what it was a year or 2 ago. Especially the classical music discussion is really top rate.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #80 of 80
I would say Head Fi is fundamentally the same and perhaps evolved a bit.

But the positive stuff in the headphone world is that there’s more choices now compared to the old days.

IEMs are better compared to the old days of Head Fi and cheaper in prices.

Another cool thing is that you can buy a great desk top amp and DAC for more affordable prices compared to the old days.

To my knowledge portable DAC/amps did not exist in the old days and now there are some great choices that are affordable. No strong need for MP3 files since Tidal streaming on an iPhone sounds good. (Unless you’re listening to some obscure artists)

Top tier headphones are still expensive but there’s more mid fi level headphones to choose from and they are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back