Head-Fidentification!
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #182 of 261
Quote:
Hows about a location-based app that prompts the user when he/she is within a few feet (configurable) of another head-fier?  Activation of app is optional/configurable.

There could be a feature in there that lets you know which equipment they own, too (provided they fill that bit out), so when the alert comes up you can say, "Hey! [fill-in-Head-Fi'er]! How would you compare your [fill-in-their-headphone] to my [fill-in-your-headphone]?" or "Yo! Do you have your [fill-in-their-portable-headphone] with you? May I try it out? I've got my [fill-in-your-portable-headphone] here if you'd like to try it as well."

And, once they make those pico projector things bright enough, the app could have a feature that lets you shine the Head-Fi logo up into the sky. You know, onto the convenient nighttime cloud cover that always rolls in whenever you need to send up a signal. And then, Jude could look out his window, don the Head-Fi suit, and burn rubber in the Head-Fi-mobile on his way to wherever you are.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #185 of 261
Quote:
And, once they make those pico projector things bright enough, the app could have a feature that lets you shine the Head-Fi logo up into the sky. You know, onto the convenient nighttime cloud cover that always rolls in whenever you need to send up a signal. And then, Jude could look out his window, don the Head-Fi suit, and burn rubber in the Head-Fi-mobile on his way to wherever you are.

Sweet jesus what did I just read. I peed a little im laughing so hard. WARREN. TO THE PHOTOSHOP.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #187 of 261
There could be a feature in there that lets you know which equipment they own, too (provided they fill that bit out), so when the alert comes up you can say, "Hey! [fill-in-Head-Fi'er]! How would you compare your [fill-in-their-headphone] to my [fill-in-your-headphone]?" or "Yo! Do you have your [fill-in-their-portable-headphone] with you? May I try it out? I've got my [fill-in-your-portable-headphone] here if you'd like to try it as well."

To get vendors to support this, perhaps a small banner at the bottom of the screen to show some advertised audio gear for 10 seconds each.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #188 of 261
NOOOO!!!!! no advertising...that is the bane of my existence.  I would pay a little more to cut the F'ing ads!!!!

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #189 of 261
Quote:
Quote:
Hows about a location-based app that prompts the user when he/she is within a few feet (configurable) of another head-fier?  Activation of app is optional/configurable.

Is this a kind of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours.."-kind of thing? 
wink_face.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #190 of 261
The pico projector thing could be "The Signal" for impromptu meets.  If you get enough hits on the mobile app it triggers the pico to help gather the mob.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #191 of 261
Quote:
NOOOO!!!!! no advertising...that is the bane of my existence.  I would pay a little more to cut the F'ing ads!!!!

What if during a meet a vendor could announce that the first N persons (e.g. first 10 people) nearest to the vendor's table gets 30% off their product? The user of the app could then accept the offer by clicking a button on the app. (Lots of variations of this scheme, including using time-based digital coupons).

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #192 of 261
Quote:

What if during a meet a vendor could announce that the first N persons (e.g. first 10 people) nearest to the vendor's table gets 30% off their product? The user of the app could then accept the offer by clicking a button on the app. (Lots of variations of this scheme, including using time-based digital coupons).

I would think the vendor would be a registered user that could post this when they see enough head-fiers nearby, I just hate the continual barrage of useless ads that hang up when loading and take over when you hover over them too long...

At the very least let us opt out of the "helpful," directed marketing...

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #193 of 261
So, did we get anywhere with getting the stickers?  I need to bling out my new Zenhead I just got done painting....
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #194 of 261
Quote:
So, did we get anywhere with getting the stickers?  I need to bling out my new Zenhead I just got done painting....
biggrin.gif

Is that built on one of Nelson Pass's designs?

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #195 of 261
Quote:
Is that built on one of Nelson Pass's designs?

It is a Decware product, they sell the PCB and case. I bought all the parts and built it.  The case they sell was a powder coated tan/beige color.  I decided to paint it sunset red like my motorcycle as a learning experience for base coat/clear coat painting using rattle cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back