Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Nov 5, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #256 of 317
It doesnt matter how old you are....what matters is how much you know and how much effort you put in to find out....

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #257 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least none of you are stealing my truck and the mother's credit card to go get stoned like some 13 year olds...

That's a good point.

I mean, sure spending this much on sound equipment seems a bit odd to some, but what about the terrific amounts of alcohol/cigarettes/drugs others imbibe on? It's easy to spend $100 for a night out in Chicago. For a few nights a month you could have a pair of Triple.Fis or be a long way towards a great home audio setup.

And this is much healthier, except perhaps to your hearing.
rs1smile.gif

Still. Spending money on assets that continually bring you pleasure is far wiser, IMO, than indulging in a habit which involves buying costly goods that are consumed in the span of a few minutes at a time.

A lot of kids in college saw my 10" Dobsonian Telescope, new laptop, and modest TV/sound system sitting in my dorm room and were a little shocked that I could afford it. When they asked how, I asked them where they were last Friday night. "Out at the bar." "Doing what?" "Drinking." "Anything else?" "Smoking, and buying that hot chick a drink or three." "Oh. Well. I wasn't, and I won't be." (Okay, I did go out maybe once or twice a semester.)

I still don't think they quite grasped the concept. And I do drink from time to time, a nice bottle of wine is choice. But paying $20 a drink at the club (or even $5 for a pack of cigs!) is just ridiculous. This is encouraging to see people my age and younger spending their income on something enriching and enjoyable over the long-term.

Besides, if you need alcohol to succeed with the ladies, you're pretty hopeless anyway.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #258 of 317
i know it doesn't matter how old you are but at the same time "age and wisdom triumph over youth and enthusiasm!" thats what my dad says every time he is right in an argument we have. lol

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #259 of 317
I'm 21 and I've been around a few years already, currently using K701s, Stax Lambdas and AKG HSC-271 (headset derived from K271s), and I've had quite a lot more phones along the way. You do the totaling, I don't want to think about it.

Dec 10, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #260 of 317
I'm 18 almost 19. I've been interested for only a few weeks and already bought a pair of Sennheiser HD280pro after readying a few threads about them here. Already looking into a good portable amp so they work better with my zune too.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #265 of 317
I'm 21....I started in 2004 after graduating from high school. First two years, spent about $2000. After that, I quit lol. I just started lurking until last year. Then I started back up, and I have spent around $1500 this year. I'm about to quit again. lol

Jan 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #266 of 317
I'm 20. I started out with my Beyers, then decided I needed an amp shortly after and then got some new IEMs before stopping myself from making any larger purchases. I just lurked here for a little while after getting the Beyers until I decided to get an amp.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #268 of 317
I'm 18, 17 when I joined. I'm about $300 in, but i expect that to change near the summer bacause I have really been lusting after a vinyl rig.. And I need to get my iPod modded... and I need new cans, and I need a new portable amp...

The worst thing is that i'll probably be able to afford all that...

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #269 of 317
Im 18, and I think I joined about 2 and a half years ago, when I decided to buy some MDR V6.... and they kept me satisfied until recently. These did well cause they fulfilled portable listening, listening at home etc. But then I started listening to my friend's MS1 and they just sounded so much smooother.

So now I've bought a ksc75, which I enjoy a lot for just listening around. And I wanna kramer mod them soon. And I bought, but havn't yet received some Denon AH C700, which will fulfill my portable/isolation needs hopefully.

And! I'm looking to get myself a pair of Goldring Dr150s, which seems like a nice all-around headphone for home listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back