Head-Fi: Vitality sapped, or just Summer Slow?
Jul 30, 2004 at 8:54 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
i think DIY needs to diversify to more talk about equipment other then amps and cables

there isn't much focus on DACs, Power Supplys and maybe even other auDIYo tweaks

I like the the fact that Head-fi's Diy section for the most part is headphone
specific.
There is always this place for more broard topics:

http://www.diyaudio.com

Setmenu

Jul 30, 2004 at 10:17 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Oddly enough, we just set a new "members online" record yesterday evening. Perhaps perception isn't reality after all.

Lurkers - get the Senn 497 for when you're outside. But you said "members" - maybe we should all go outside more. Those 16 year old women are soooo fine.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Do people seem grumpier than usual this summer? More contentious? And I'm not talking about recent arrivals. Like the mood has darkened.

Just curious.

BW

you must've missed the great flame battles they had over the k501, oh, a year or 2 ago? you wouldnt believe how short people's fuses became arguing whether the k501's bass was 'natural-sounding' or simply 'not there'.
evil_smiley.gif

or maybe the grado vs the-rest-of-the-world threads?

or who could forget the backlash against the eggos after they fell out of favour as fotm?

'anger' is a head-fi tradition.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Well, there apparently is such a thing as being too light-hearted.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

true. i hate to say it, but there are members here whose only purpose seems to be irreverence- they own little/no equipment, yet post 'opinions' on everything.
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:46 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
The only thing I have noticed is the slowdown in TIO. This is a good thing, people are more civil to each other; all is right with the world.

actually, imo now that we've already gone through discrimination, affirmative action, obesity, homosexual marriages and church vs state issues, TIO seems be to turning into a forum focusing mostly on american politics.

many forum members (yours truly included) cannot participate in those discussions.

Jul 30, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
actually, imo now that we've already gone through discrimination, affirmative action, obesity, homosexual marriages and church vs state issues, TIO seems be to turning into a forum focusing mostly on american politics.

many forum members (yours truly included) cannot participate in those discussions.

That's the clever plan to phase it out. Just let things run their natural course and eventually everyone who is left will be either unwilling or unable to post in there
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

'anger' is a head-fi tradition.
wink.gif
(

As American as apple pie and violence.
biggrin.gif

BW

Jul 30, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

maybe TIO should be renamed to F.A.R.T (Forget. Audio. related. topics) a place to air your non audio opinions
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #38 of 47
We need a bunch of new high-end phones to come out. That'll get things moving.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #40 of 47
i find that the diyaudio seams to be more of a "buy half the parts ready-made from audio DIY boutiques and put it together like the new bike you got for christmas"

i find that there seems to be more design conversations and serious audio electronics nerd conversation here......i like that

i havent seen the type of discussions on here that you find people like PPL, Kevin Gilmour, Tangent etc getting into on a regular basis....

i just wish that i could see them have those discussions about DACs and power supplies etc.......

i've learned a lot from listening to them about amplifier design and theory

i want to learn more about DAC and PSU design and theory

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
maybe TIO should be renamed to F.A.R.T (Forget. Audio. related. topics) a place to air your non audio opinions
biggrin.gif

lol!
biggrin.gif

and is it me, or do the rest of you also think that pinky's sense of humour has suddenly made itself felt around here recently?
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Well, that depends on how much stuff we all keep buying. Based on prices of better headphone audio gear, only the truly wealthy amongst us may be able to continue to avoid the ramen diet!
wink.gif

JC

There has to be something else out there other Ramen Noodles. This is a diverse board, we need some diverse cheap eats.
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Nothing like a good FART topic, hey Pinkie? In your general direction!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
blink.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Nothing like a good FART topic, hey Pinkie? In your general direction!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
blink.gif

Ahhhhh, those were the days.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Aug 1, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Head-Fi was more freewheeling & fun then before the offended, noble, conservative, senators clamped down in the name of good taste. BAH...Good taste in humour stinks. (I'm cranky this morning
wink.gif
)

Gimme a PinkFloyd thread anyday over a description of going shopping with wifey...ugh.

And more international members would help also.=2 cents.

EDIT:and have PinkFloyd, spaceman & lini become mods!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back