Head-Fi UK Meet: 02/04/2011 - London
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #213 of 237
You can share my Gamma 2 if you like - that'd be AMB-tastic 
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #214 of 237
Hi tranhieu,

I'm as keen to hear your B22 as anyone, but the points Parafeed makes are absolutely right.

By all means bring it along but please can I ask that it remains disconnected from the mains, unless we get the opportunity - as you've suggested - to safely run it without the risk of anyone unwittingly electrocuting themselves!

Many thanks.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #215 of 237

Quote:
You can share my Gamma 2 if you like - that'd be AMB-tastic 
tongue.gif

Thanks for the offer. The friend that's coming with me agreed to share his udac but will surely give your y2 a try! I was tempted long time ago but in the end decided that I need a balanced source :)
I will bring my b22 along since I will stay in London for a few days and cannot live without it :p

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #216 of 237
For those on foot:

As someone else picked up on, the western central line and therefore Hanger Lane are shut for the weekend, so the next nearest station is Park Royal. This shows what seems to be the best foot route to the venue from there. There is apparently an underpass for the A40 from the station, and from there it's fairly straightforward.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #217 of 237
Yep. That's the route I plotted. If people are feeling lazy or are weighed down by gear, the 226 bus stop is to the right when you come out of the underpass/go over the railway bridge, and follows exactly the same route you'd take if you were going on foot. The road is bus only once it goes past the roundabout. I believe they are scheduled once every 10 minutes.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #218 of 237
If you got the central line as far as it goes (Marble Arch I think?) a replacement bus service would take over as well, free of charge, or at least that's the general routine for tube engineering works. That was my plan, but looking at that foot route it looks like quite a nice one with some greenery around so I may do that instead.

Got to say I'm hugely looking forward to this now. See you all there! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #219 of 237
It's bad luck that they've scheduled engineering weeks for this particular weekend. But the walk from Park Royal is only about half a mile, so not too bad if it's not pissing down with rain of course.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #220 of 237
biggrin.gif

I mean engineering works - not engineering weeks!

Couldn't edit the post because I got this stupid message....

Fatal error: Call to a member function isPubliclyVisible() on a non-object in/var/www/sites/huddler/releases/10667e80344bd0b046675181ef92e746b3d0dcc7/forum/class-forumapi.php on line 481

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #222 of 237
No not at all, they're just doing work on the London Underground Central Line west of Marble Arch - it won't affect any other kind of transport.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #223 of 237
Well, after a thankfully easy drive into central London I'm at the hotel. Now for a bit of a look around to see where everything is. I'll report back anything of note!

Is anyone else staying in London tonight? If so, and you fancy a couple of drinks, just shout. I plan to find a nice pub/bar too...

See you all tomorrow, and don't forget those multi-plugs! :wink:

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #224 of 237

Quote:
Well, after a thankfully easy drive into central London I'm at the hotel. Now for a bit of a look around to see where everything is. I'll report back anything of note!

Is anyone else staying in London tonight? If so, and you fancy a couple of drinks, just shout. I plan to find a nice pub/bar too...

See you all tomorrow, and don't forget those multi-plugs! :wink:

Where you are located? My work place is in central London, just off  Oxford Street.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #225 of 237
The Premier Inn, adjacent to Hanger Lane Tube Station (- which I guess isn't actually Central London!) I'm happy to hop on the tube if necessary, though it'd be nice to find somewhere which isn't totally rammed so people can have a conversation :)

It's an easy walk to get to Crystals from Park Royal tube station. Take the Western Avenue station exit and turn right. You'll see steps/a slope leading down to an underpass which takes you under the main road.

At the other end of the underpass head straight on, you'll walk over a foot bridge with white railing and overhead lighting. At the end of the footbridge you'll come to an opening, you'll see the large 'DIAGEO' building in front of you.

Take a left, which takes you under a road bridge. Then you're in Park Royal. Follow the cycle/foot path along a bit and you'll see the path runs parallel to a road with bus stops on (this is roughly adjacent to the large building after the DIAGEO building).

Join the path next to this road and this takes you down to the road which comes out literally next to Crystals of London.

It's a 10min walk at a reasonable pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back