Head-Fi sexy makeover?
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
Does the site look different for anyone else?

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 32
Yes, and IMO it does not look good....avatars were way better offset on the left....it's confusing...

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 32
The logo is more... purplish? Also I'm not liking the use of black. Or the names on the top. Left always works better IMO. Head-fi is run on vBulletin right? Does that have the ability to do multiple skins? It'd be nice to have more than one choice.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 32
Okay, I was just looking around in my user settings to see if I had changed something. Glad it's not just me.

It's "okay"... I preferred the avatars off to the side... It might grow on me.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 32
Yes, you can have multiple skins with vBulletin.

I'd personally like to be able to choose something similar to the black skin on Ultimate-Guitar.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 32
The problem with avatars at the beginning of the post is that the reading is interrupted by huge photos...signatures aren't that annoying...

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with avatars at the beginning of the post is that the reading is interrupted by huge photos...signatures aren't that annoying...

Yes, that's it! I agree.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 32
I think it is less practical than before. More scrolling now and more crap in-between posts.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Though it takes more vertical real estate, it provides more horizontal real estate.

Not necessary with wide-screen monitors (which is becoming the majority).

If possible, offer an option for users.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #15 of 32
IMO now would be a nice time to take a nice minimalistic approach. Keep the personal "blurbs" in every post very short, AKA remove all the icons, join dates, posts, blog entries, locations, out. Let people go to the profile if they want to find out about it. I wouldn't even object to taking away avatars/signatures, although some people probably would. Less distractions from the post content and focus of topics. Also it just looks nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back