Head-fi Meet: The Finnish edition
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #61 of 125
Anything is possible.

For me it'd have to be next year though, with x-mas coming and all.

I might have some more interesting gear by then though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #62 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
Anything is possible.

For me it'd have to be next year though, with x-mas coming and all.

I might have some more interesting gear by then though
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, me too. I just figured it's best to start early. I'll take a look at how the reservations system works to get some schedule ideas. Of course, if it's a micro meet, no need for space reservations
rolleyes.gif

/JF

Dec 3, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #63 of 125
Well... looks like I picked the right time to browse this section. I'd be interested in a meet as well. Might even have something of interest by next year, ie. the Spitfire DAC - but no promises.
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #64 of 125
I'm game. I'd love to go to a head-fi meet, but I'd like to take a break from hosting them all the time.
smily_headphones1.gif
Unless it's in June (when I'll be back in the US), I'll be there.

I think KJ869 would also be interested, but he probably hasn't seen this thread yet.

There's a few other Finns on this forum that probably haven't seen this thread yet either.

Unless of course, we want to do a Finnish-language-only meet, then I probably wouldn't fit in so well, but I've met up with a few of you guys so much that it's probably not a problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #65 of 125
Okiedokie. I'll take a look at the possibilites here at Domma and get back to you at some point. I'm currently slaving away on my master's thesis, though, so it might be a week or two
tongue.gif

/JF

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #66 of 125
Yes there definitely is interest here. In what town would it be?

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #67 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Yes there definitely is interest here. In what town would it be?

If my hosting plan works out, in Helsinki. A few blocks from audiostar, hifistudio 17 &co towards Hietaniemi, if that gives you a rough idea. I'll have to check on reservations system for the "meeting rooms" here in the building, though.

/JF

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #68 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiiEf
If my hosting plan works out, in Helsinki. A few blocks from audiostar, hifistudio 17 &co towards Hietaniemi, if that gives you a rough idea. I'll have to check on reservations system for the "meeting rooms" here in the building, though.

/JF

What a nice location as I live in Helsinki too. Right in the centre of Helsinki. I really hope here's enough people interested about this.

Dec 7, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #70 of 125
And The Ravintola Long Wall is near there. You haven't tasted anything until you've had their Peking Duck. Expensive but tasty.
wink.gif

I used to live very close to there, on Merimiehenkatu. Now I live in Pohjois-Haaga. No big deal for me to load up a taxi with all my stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #71 of 125
Im intrested, any date suggestions? what month?

Dec 8, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #72 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ869
Im intrested, any date suggestions? what month?

I'll try to sort out the possibilities here next week. If I can get the place I have in mind, then it should be just up to the reservations list. As I live 5 floors above it, I'm not particularly picky when it concerns dates.
tongue.gif

I think we would be looking at the second half of January, maybe? And probably a friday or saturday, if the out-of-towners find it easier?

/JF

Dec 8, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #73 of 125
Mid January could be ok for me.

By then I should have:

- Aqvox USB 2 DAC (not arrived yet)
- Rudistor RPx33 dual mono headphone amp (not arrived yet)
- AKG K701 (hopefully, back ordered)
- Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 (comin in late Dec, if all goes well)

Of course, can't promise I'll bring along all those gear myself - unless somebody offers a transportation and help with carrying the gear <hint>
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #74 of 125
It'd be great if the meet could take place during the first week of January - I know I'll be rather busy once the holidays end.

As for gear... I should have the Spitfire in a few days. so that's one item. In addition I'll of course bring the Shuffle and EP-630s (as if I'd leave home without them
etysmile.gif
). But besides those, I have no idea. I'm already selling the K240S's, and will likely also swap the HD580s for something else. And seeing as the meeting area would be in the central, there's no way I'll drag my PC along.

I could grab the 0404 with me, if JiiEf would be willing to install it on his PC? And since I have no use for the card now, I could even sell it on the spot if anyone is interested. Provided Plainsong doesn't want it, since I offered to sell it to her first.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #75 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by luukas
It'd be great if the meet could take place during the first week of January - I know I'll be rather busy once the holidays end.

As for gear... I should have the Spitfire in a few days. so that's one item. In addition I'll of course bring the Shuffle and EP-630s (as if I'd leave home without them
etysmile.gif
). But besides those, I have no idea. I'm already selling the K240S's, and will likely also swap the HD580s for something else. And seeing as the meeting area would be in the central, there's no way I'll drag my PC along.

I could grab the 0404 with me, if JiiEf would be willing to install it on his PC? And since I have no use for the card now, I could even sell it on the spot if anyone is interested. Provided Plainsong doesn't want it, since I offered to sell it to her first.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm unable to host in the first half of January in any case, I can participate, but do not have the time to organise even a jog around the block before mid-January
frown.gif

Unless things change drastically, there's free (unofficial) parking just in front of the place I have in mind, if that makes things easier for you guys.

I don't even own a desktop, so at the moment it looks like my gear contribution towards the meet will be an (open) airport express and a 521Bee, unless I cave in to my upgradeitis and buy something I don't really want
rolleyes.gif

I'm not set on January, I can pretty much do it whenever it suits everybody, I just think sooner might be better so this doesn't just fizzle and disappear.

I'd love to check that Spitfire out, though
wink.gif

/JF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back