Head-fi Meet: The Finnish edition
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2004 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 125

plainsong

Headphoneus Supremus: Untie!
Hi guys, I'm kind of hoping I'm not the one who will have to host this thing, but am I having a sinking feeling that I will.
biggrin.gif

Luukas has PM'd me, interested in having a mini-meet. I in turn PM'd KJ869 who is also interested. Sometime in the summer seems to be best for everybody so far. Here's an example of what could be on offer for your listening pleasure:

All my gear (see profile)
dt770s
sr125
Stax Omega
Rega Planet
Some form of a PPA
Behringer USB mixer (I think) compared to...
Total Bithead

Luukas and I are in Helsinki, and I don't think KJ is opposed to traveling here. For Finnish headfiers in lurk mode, or any other headfiers that will find themselves in Finland this summer, why not stop by?
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a personal note for you Finns: if this thing takes place at my apartment in Pohjois-Haaga, we have two ceiling fans and excellent cross-ventilation with the windows. This place is nice and cool in the summer.

And for KJ, if bringing all that gear by train is too much of a nightmare, I'm not opposed to you shipping it to me. It would probably only take a day or two before the meet.

Thanks,

Plainsong

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 125
Its not problem hitting the stuff with me. It would be bigger problem to foresend. Knowing how lovely finnish postal system is... I just need to take lugage and packback. Big luggage for system, and Packback for cloths. Good thing my Step-sister lives in Helsinki. I can always crash to her kitchen corner. And we can all go together to some finer music, like Keltainen jäänsärkiä ect.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 125
Theres new finnish headphone channel at ircnet. #headphones.fi
Join there if youre intrested.

Apr 8, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 125
Oh cool, you have someplace to stay. I have a couch, but if someone needs it they are welcome to it, but it's not a very nice sleeping couch at all. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Yeah, going out to catch some live acts could be fun. I haven't done that in ages. Speaking of which, what ever happened to the The ******** Hippies? I always thought that was agreat band name.
smily_headphones1.gif

I may stick out like a sore thumb if I barge into the irc chat room, but I'll check it out soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 125
Hmm, might check that irc-channel out...

It's possible that a pair of DT-250/250 could also be present at the meet. I'll try to make up mind on them next week
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 125
Its still long time to meet, but I think we should already look solutions for the situation if theres coming more than few people from other cities. How mutch is cheap decent motel/hotel (expensive probaly) and how mutch is tentsite rent near helsinki? How many people can we fit to plainsongs appartment if we use it for the meet (how many squares). How many power outlets and how many/big fuses? Also we should concider possibility of people outside finland coming, making it even bigger meet. Ryanair example has london-tampere-london flight for 70£ that about 106€.. I bet its less or same from scandinavia.

Apr 12, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 125
As I said before, too bad we're all too poor to chip in for a Stockholm-Helsinki head-fi cruise. All the beer you'd ever need, and two days with the headphones.
biggrin.gif

But my apartment's living room is rather big. The apartment itself is about 63 square meters. I have a couch that seats three and 5 chairs currently in here with lots more in the attic.

Here's a slideshow of our apartment. The the bedroom and kitchen are tiny but the living room is big:

http://homepage.mac.com/plainsong/ph...toAlbum71.html

Image-62D204769A0611D7.jpg

Image-62D220B19A0611D7.jpg

Image-62D2124B9A0611D7.jpg

edit: It's changed a little bit, but hasn't shrunk at all.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 125
As an update, KJ had the idea what maybe we could get one of the local shops to either host and/or let us borrow gear (mainly headphones) to audition. I think eiher Helsinki Sound and Cinema or Kruunuradio are the best bets. Hki Sound has the most space, Kruunu has the most stuff.
wink.gif

But before we approach these guys we need to firm up the dates, and get a better idea of what will be there.

Apr 22, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 125
We should start concidering the dates. I propose 5-7.8.2004. Everyone take look to calendar and propose the best what suits for you and tell your limits. My propose its based on the fact its thursday-saturday, and that im 31th of july at another town. And my holiday ends week after the proposed date, and its as late as possible so we could get as mutch stuff as possible to there. I dont have anything els exept that 31th at my calendar.

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #13 of 125
Ah, new posts.

Didn't check the forums for a while, had some probs with a new HDD not being recognized correctly.

5-7.8.04 sounds good to me - but I'm not sure if a meeting at Kruunuradio would work out. After all, it's not exactly a *huge* shop
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 125
Luukas, I agree. We should visit it. Maybe at thursday we should meet at plainsong and check the gear, on friday go to visit the audioshops at the morning, and visit some record stores as well. Then back to listen equipment, maybe go to some gig. And then on saturday make conclusions about the equipment.

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:52 PM Post #15 of 125
I'm also interested in the meeting. I'm not yet sure I can attend in the beginning of August as my holiday plans are still in preparation. Regardless, I'm very interested and will definitely attend if my schedule allows.

I could also bring over some stuff (see my gear list which will grow by August, I hope) and would definitely love to meet fellow headphone afficionados.

I'll keep monitoring this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back