Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence Public Library!!!
Sep 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #214 of 244
That's awesome! I didn't know you could do that. I have an iPad 3 (30 pin connector), I need to look into that for the future.

You can buy the old 30pin CCK (camera connection kit) at most targets, radioshacks, etc for around $30 or so. Just make sure it is the apple brand or it may not work since Apple has a proprietary way of bending people over. :eek:

That said, in case you're not familiar with Oppo, they have a front usb port dedicated to idevices if you bring a charger/data cable.

Ironically, my dogs ate my Pangaea cable, so I need to dig out my old one, wherever it went!

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #215 of 244
So good news, we officially have Nordost as I just accepted delivery on their cables and adaptors. Additionally, since Sound Environment, hifi store here in Omaha, made the Nordost happen... they wanted us to have some other fun gear to test out since they couldn't make it themselves. (Nextime hopefully!). Sound Environment is providing us with a $600 usb cable and a $200/or so Transparent Audio power cable!

Thank you again, sound environment for taking care of is! If you're ever in Omaha, they have one of the most advanced (and most expensive :evil: ) setups in the midwest, if not the nation. They are fun to chat with and get killer recommendations, as well as being an approved vendor for Audeze and McIntosh! Huge shout out to Charlie, Doug, and Todd for being so awesome despite the incredibly short notice.

http://www.soundenvironment.com

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #216 of 244
So good news, we officially have Nordost as I just accepted delivery on their cables and adaptors. Additionally, since Sound Environment, hifi store here in Omaha, made the Nordost happen... they wanted us to have some other fun gear to test out since they couldn't make it themselves. (Nextime hopefully!). Sound Environment is providing us with a $600 usb cable and a $200/or so Transparent Audio power cable!

Thank you again, sound environment for taking care of is! If you're ever in Omaha, they have one of the most advanced (and most expensive
evil_smiley.gif
) setups in the midwest, if not the nation. They are fun to chat with and get killer recommendations, as well as being an approved vendor for Audeze and McIntosh! Huge shout out to Charlie, Doug, and Todd for being so awesome despite the incredibly short notice.

http://www.soundenvironment.com

Awesome, the incoming Vibros are Audeze compatible, Nordost, Sound Enviroment, Transparent Audio. Yikes!! Anyway, mrscotchguy, now known as SCOTCHY, LOL,THANKS. The Mr part got a little to formal for me, toast!! (just for our meet) Anyway SCOTCHY, would you be willing to baby sit the incoming Vibro Balanced unit. I only have SE. Need some one to supervise the balanced Vibros. Let me know, Steve

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #217 of 244
Got all my stuff packed up. Ready to head north after work tomorrow. :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #218 of 244
Sep 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #219 of 244
Awesome, the incoming Vibros are Audeze compatible, Nordost, Sound Enviroment, Transparent Audio. Yikes!! Anyway, mrscotchguy, now known as SCOTCHY, LOL,THANKS. The Mr part got a little to formal for me, toast!! (just for our meet) Anyway SCOTCHY, would you be willing to baby sit the incoming Vibro Balanced unit. I only have SE. Need some one to supervise the balanced Vibros. Let me know, Steve

I would love to have em at my table(s)!! I feel like I've got a hull, good thing I'm listening to it right now! Trying to burn in the Nordost. They are super smoth and completely smooth out the notorious bite of the HD800.

Truth be told, I try to stay out of the cable arm wrestling match, but it's hard to say these cables have no effect when there is a clear change going on. Hope everyone that wants to gets a chance to A/B the different cables.

Even the gain seems directly effected. I cannot go nearly as loud on my HE-4 with my star quad (balanced) as I can on the Nordost.

No one string me up for saying this, but I think I'm a firm cable believer... no more fence action :ph34r:

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #222 of 244
Hey, bringing a HiFiman HE- 400i tomorrow as well, in case you want to hear one of those. I had the 560 but got rid of it, I personally think the 400i is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back