Head-Fi, isn't it time to separate the components in the "Sources" categories?
Dec 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HK_sends

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been a long time member of Head-Fi and I can understand why the "Sources" categories (e.g. Dedicated Source Components and Portable Source Gear) contained primarily DACs with a smattering of players/transports in the past. The truth is, there just weren't that many player/transports in the wild. That has changed in the last year or so with not only numbers of DACs literally exploding on the scene, but we are now being treated with the introduction of more and more portable and full size Digital Audio Players, Digital Transports, and Network Streaming Players.

Might I recommend separating the DACs from the Player/Transports? I'll let you argue over which should actually be classified as a "source" although IMHO, a DAC can't function without a digital signal from somewhere...even a (dare I say it?) source...

Just a suggestion to make navigating the different component threads a little easier...

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

#makethebeerchugbigger

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 6
While we're at it, let's get separate sections in the classifieds and forums for speakers so we don't have to sift through cables and all sorts of accessories to find the (relatively few) speaker threads. I doubt your or my request will be fulfilled, sad to say...

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 6
While we're at it, let's get separate sections in the classifieds and forums for speakers so we don't have to sift through cables and all sorts of accessories to find the (relatively few) speaker threads. I doubt your or my request will be fulfilled, sad to say...
Good idea! You never know, the mods may push it up the chain to Jude.

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

#makethebeerchugbigger

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I think everything mentioned are great ideas...perhaps flag @AxelCloris so he sees it(I just did)
Theyre working hard on getting this new format up to speed and take feedback suggestions well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back