Head-Fi is turning me into a real creeper
Apr 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
So last night, not only did I have a headphone related dream...I had a Head-Fi member related dream! I bet you can guess who.

I was walking towards an apartment to visit my old friend and listen to his new headphones. i open the door as if I've known this person my whole life and walk right in and into my friends bedroom and say "Hey skylab!". He looked about 19 years old and a messy college student of sorts (I don't know how old he really is...) He greets me as well and resumes listening to his Luke Skybeyers. I tell him I want to listen to some darths and he points to the corner of the room and theres a bunch waiting for me. In this dream, apparently he had a bunch of amps that don't exist yet haha. He had ones that were just absolutely AMAZING. And I was confused because I actually remembered the amps that he really has! I then asked... well...where are the vario-darths!? Then everything went quiet.. he gave me a strange look and whispered.."come over here!". He opens a secret drawer under his bed and pulls out a very orpheus/k1000-like box. Inside the variodarths are laying on a velvety material. They're laying with the cups swiveled outward to show the open-ness of them (much like edition 9's) (and i know they don't actually swivel so shut up!). I look at them and adore their shinyness and beautiful wood finish and metal linings (yeah i know theres no metal either).

I pick them up and for some reason the cable looks identical to the cable for a pair of apple ibuds! I looked at it, then at him with a "What" look and he said "it's pure silver!" and I was like "oh ok" I then looked at the side and wanted to adjust the open-ness of the cans, and apparently there was a huge measurement system to make sure they were equally open. I didn't figure it out so I had him just set them to fully open.

Then I plugged them into this huge non-existent amp and they SUCKED.

SO.. moral of this dream.
Head-Fi turns you into a creep, and don't get darths because they're really not that great according to my dream.

P.S - I've never even talked to skylab before, and if I creep him out and he leaves Head-Fi, I'm sorry in advance for your lack of Portable Amp reviews.

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 33
some time ago, when i was very interested in darthing my beyer dt770 i had a great desire to meet skylab; perhaps this is an inner desire, merely manifest in a dream. in any case, you basically started the desperate thread that i had wanted to start: 3 Cheers for Skylab.

a young guy he is (i assume) with many of the headphones and amps that us older (sic, just out of uni myself) don't have and would like to listen to. you see mate, you are our forerunner: the first to dream about one of the most respected and coveted members of our community... which is full of 'creapers'.

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 33
blink.gif

What is it about Skylab? He's a nice guy and all, but dreams and fantasies about him?

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

What is it about Skylab? He's a nice guy and all, but dreams and fantasies about him?

doesn't skylab have wife and kids?

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 33
I thought Skylab was older, early 30s perhaps, I thought he had kids too?

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a dream where fitz was an emperor and I was his lackey.

Just his lackey?

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a dream where fitz was an emperor and I was his lackey.

That wasn't a dream.

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #12 of 33
i have had a few headphone related dreams.

most have involved the R10.

the first i had, before i got them sounded suprizingly like they actually sound. there were girls in ti too.

i dont rember too much about the last one, but it involved my R10 looking like edwood's april-fools R10 which his hamster got to.... that dream wasnt as good as the one with girls.

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 33
I had a dream actually this morning that I found a kid with a pair of E500 at my school library, and after talking to him about (he said he got it just because it cost a lot), I walked back to my computer desk and realized somebody stole my iPod, Hornet, and ER4P/S.

Thankfully I woke up right after that, but I was in a daze momentarily and thought somebody really did steal them.

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #14 of 33
I had a dream where phones were involved shortly after the last "dream about cans" thread was active.

But it was winter and drab and cold and snowing....I haven't even SEEN snow since the 80s!..but we were on a protest march or something and it was cold out and we were standing by a big metal gate and I was wearing, I guess, my MS2i to keep my ears warm but the housings were touching my ears through the pads and they were cold. No tunes; just trying to stay warm.

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 33
The only dreams I have is where I have hair. <<Wake up bald>> :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back