Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014
Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #16 of 180
January 18th is our date. I will edit the OP later and add a sign up page soon.

Looking forward to tons more space and less noise.

Great News!

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 180
just joined -- glad to see some life here in austin. Off topic but anyone here suggest where a person could hear some decent 'phones in this town? The few audio dealers I visit seem to have little or no selection.  Thanks, Patrick

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #18 of 180
Try Patrick with www.nice-cans.com

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #20 of 180
I am in for a Austin meet!

Will bring...

Sennheiser 580

Beyerdynamic DT990

Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies

BravoV2 Headphone Amp

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #21 of 180
OP updated with details and a signup form. Please sign up now!

I will be sending invites for vendors soon. Last time they all came to me, this time I will be going to them. Expect to see a LOT more!

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #23 of 180
Looking for an assistant that is local to help me plan and run the meet. Duties are fairly light, maybe a couple hours total before the meet, discussing arrangement in the room, monitoring signups, etc. Please be able to attend the entire meet and also be there early (7am) with me to make sure tables are arranged and to begin running power and placing table identification. Then be available to take entry fees through the day if I am busy, and I when you are.

If you are willing to do a little work to make the meet better designed and smoother operating, please pm me. As you will be dealing with money, my only requirement is that you be an adult (18+).

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #24 of 180
Vendor invitations are going out today.

--

I'm pleased to announce Patrick Sutton of Nice-Cans of Austin will be in attendance. Nice Cans carries high end headphones and DAC/AMPs from manufacturers including Benchmark, Fostex, Hifiman, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, and CEntrance. Expect to be able to sample items such as:

Audeze LCD-2
Audeze LCD-3
Fostex TH-900
Fostex TH-600
Beyerdynamic T1
Fostex HP-A8C amp/DAC
Musical Fidelity M1-HPAP amp/DAC
Parasound ZDAC
Benchmark DAC2-HGC

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #25 of 180
Nick Kettman of Leckerton Audio will also be on hand with his latest portable DAC/Amp designs. Last year Patrick of Nice-Cans showed some of Nick's gear, but this year Nick will be here in person.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #29 of 180
I will finally be attending a Texas meet!  Already cleared with the wife, and booking my hotel shortly.  Looks like there's going to be a ton of gear already there, but I'll bring any of mine that may not otherwise be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back