Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #32 of 180
Unbelievable. We move 2 months in front of SXSW yet it still manages to interfere in some way.

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #34 of 180
I'll bring my RS1i's and Fiio amp in case anyone wants to give it a listen.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #35 of 180
After a 5 year hiatus I will be making my less-than-triumphant return to the Head-Fi community and will be in attendance.

I plan to bring my teenage-mutant-Stax rig for your amusement since 1800's era freak shows aren't popular these days.   It's better than a bearded lady but not quite as cool as a two-headed calf.

I will also have my Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's with me in case I see some choice portable gears I'd like to molest like that guy with the windowless van that hangs around playgrounds.  Anyone who'd like to try them is welcome provided you bring your own tips.  

Also,  Chris does my $20 include fire-alarm prank insurance?  Cause if so I'd like to declare the total net worth of my system at...we'll say ...... 

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #36 of 180
Vendor invitations are going out today.

--

I'm pleased to announce Patrick Sutton of Nice-Cans of Austin will be in attendance. Nice Cans carries high end headphones and DAC/AMPs from manufacturers including Benchmark, Fostex, Hifiman, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, and CEntrance. Expect to be able to sample items such as:

Audeze LCD-2
Audeze LCD-3
Fostex TH-900
Fostex TH-600
Beyerdynamic T1
Fostex HP-A8C amp/DAC
Musical Fidelity M1-HPAP amp/DAC
Parasound ZDAC
Benchmark DAC2-HGC

Been meaning to get around to this, but just wanted to give a shout out to Nice Cans. I recently purchased my LCD-2s from Patrick and the whole experience was fantastic. I'm glad Austin has such a great resource for auditioning headphones. If you're in the market for new headphones, I highly recommend Nice Cans.

edit:

To add, I will also be in attendance to this meetup. Looking forward to my first one. I'll probably be bringing the WA6-SE and Bifrost with my cans. 

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 180
Confirming Dan with Mr. Speakers will be in attendance with Mad Dogs and Alpha Dogs as well as some amps and DACs to audition them!

Also, please, if you are coming to the meet complete the signup form here: http://tinyurl.com/ny644n7 and pre-pay via paypal (gift) if possible.

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #38 of 180
Updated OP with confirmed vendors and also some vendors that have replied as interested, but unable to confirm yet. I'm assuming locals like Alex Cavalli of Cavalli Audio will be there as well as Brian Kurtz from Jena Labs cables, also Brad Avenson of Avenson Audio.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #39 of 180
Thank you for your invitation. The date is close to CES so I am not sure we will be able to attend. If there is a particular product you would like to try but it is not in the gear list, we will try to send it over.

Jack

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #40 of 180
Thank you for the reply. I will leave it to the crowd to decide what we are interested in sampling in case you are unable to attend.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #42 of 180
I personally would love to plug my SR404's into a GES...but also the WA7 is a product I'd like to check out and I'm sure would be a big hit at the meet.

Also, if anyone is interested in portable..l'll have my new Fiio e18 with me.  

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #43 of 180
  Thank you for your invitation. The date is close to CES so I am not sure we will be able to attend. If there is a particular product you would like to try but it is not in the gear list, we will try to send it over.

Jack

Very interested in trying out the WA7 Fireflys.  Since this is my first meet I expect to be trying out everything, but the Fireflys are really intriguing.  

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #45 of 180
Val Kolton of V-Moda sent a reply to my invitation. He would love to come, but the company has an event of their own scheduled. He offered to send a demo unit for people to try, so as with Woo, I will leave it to you guys to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back