Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014
Nov 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #47 of 180
Just a quick note showing payments I've received so far. If you've decided to come and haven't sent your entry fee, please do so when possible.

Thailand + 1
bbophead
cswann1
muziq
Stoids
Leckerton Audio

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #48 of 180
Thank you for organizing this event.  I'm not sure yet if I can make the 18th.  Do you allow walk-ins on that day?

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #51 of 180
Arthur from Matrix USA and Violectric USA will not be able to attend, but has offered to send some gear for demo. As with the others let me know what you guys are interested in trying out. Keep in mind I own and will be showing a Matrix X-Sabre and M-Stage HPA-1 w/ USB.

http://matrix-digi-usa.com/

http://violectric-usa.com/

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #53 of 180
Jason said Schiit won't be able to attend, but is also willing to send some demo gear. I personally am intrigued by the Vali and he indicated there is a slight chance of getting a demo Ragnarok if it is finished in time (or at least a close to finished one). The Yggdrasil is still a ways off.

What do you guys want to hear? The gear list already includes a Bifrost (non uber), and a Magni + Modi. I would assume we'll also have a Mjolnir and Gungnir. I'd say an uber'd Bifrost + Vali ($119 Hybrid amp) and hope for a Ragnarok.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #54 of 180
So I've been totally out of the loop on this one (been really busy trying to hold it all together lately), but it seems slow in here...

What does the attendance list look like so far this year?

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #55 of 180
Seems a bit light indeed, perhaps most people are waiting to see what their schedules look like. I haven't done any mass PM yet, perhaps I will do it later this week.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #56 of 180
Looking forward to first meet here. Up to this point my hobby has been limited to my own gear. I'd love to get a chance to listen to the HD800s paired with some of its common high-end amp pairings -- like the GS-X mk2, Liquid Glass, and DNA Stratus. Would also love to audition electrostatic rigs.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #57 of 180
  Looking forward to first meet here. Up to this point my hobby has been limited to my own gear. I'd love to get a chance to listen to the HD800s paired with some of its common high-end amp pairings -- like the GS-X mk2, Liquid Glass, and DNA Stratus. Would also love to audition electrostatic rigs.

If it's anything like the last meet, you will.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #58 of 180
Id love to attend and I may even decide to bring my own modest setup. I own an LA 7000 lite powered by a HA-160D as the amp/dac combo. Although its a bit more modest than some of the other setups im sure will be present, i would love to bring it if people would like to try it out. Im also shopping for a new amp so this could be an opportunity for me to try some new equipment before buying. Iv never been to a meet before but it sounds like fun. Oh yes and i also JUST got an HE-500 i can bring as well. :)

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #59 of 180
Never heard any of the LA mods. Would be interested to see if they change the D7000 to something more pleasant.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #60 of 180
Well if you didnt like the D7000's you probably still wont be too crazy over the LA stuff. I mean backing the driver off the ear was a really big deal as far as fatigue goes and it does open the soundstage a lot, but at its core its still the same headphone. It still sounds a lot like the D7000...but everything is more refined. Its a lot like the difference in going from a D5000 to a D7000. The LA mods takes everything the D7000s do well and makes it better. You can hear for yourself come January though. I will certainly be there. I look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back