Head-Fi and HDtracks (David Chesky) Collaborate to Assemble A Headphone System Test Album!
Mar 7, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #61 of 278
I use foobar to convert. Right click a track, or set of tracks and hit convert... Use the resampler in the DSP and set the output format to 16 bit with dithering. You can output wave, mp3 or whatever other format you like.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #62 of 278
If you need some files to practice on before you try converting or playing your HF/HDtracks, it appears NIN is offering their album free in a variety of formats including 24/96 wave. click

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #63 of 278
Hey Jude,
Thanks for putting this together. I just downloaded the 24/96 version and it sounds fantastic.
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #64 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jude,
Just a quick question, I can't seem to convert the 96/24 FLAC to 44/16 FLAC through Max. How do you do it?

Cheers.

Actually, gknix, I don't convert from FLAC to FLAC, as I use iTunes, so I use Max to convert to AIFF or Apple Lossless (the latter by choosing Apple MPEG-4 Audio, then choosing Apple Lossless from the Encoder Settings sub-window). If I know I'll want to put it on an iPod or iPhone, then I'll just use iTunes to do the conversion from there to 16/48 AIFF.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, or if I made it sound simpler than it is (although I think you'll still find it pretty simple).

If you have to go from 24/96 FLAC to 16/44.1 FLAC, hopefully someone here will have some advice for you (if it hasn't been posted already).

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #67 of 278
I'm planning on downloading this pretty impressive "system tester" as soon as my in-laws leave (they're over for the week).
frown.gif

Great and innovative idea for sure!

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #68 of 278
Downloaded the the 24/96 Flac files. Total 1.26 gigs of data for the 12 tracks. Burnt to single CD using Media Monkey without a hitch. The tracks feature genres I would not normally purchase, but the mix, clarity and variety of "tests" they offer is great. Ths is a suberb collection and very good value. For me, it is music first and test CD second, just the way it should be, great concept.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #69 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Downloaded the the 24/96 Flac files. Total 1.26 gigs of data for the 12 tracks. Burnt to single CD using Media Monkey without a hitch. The tracks feature genres I would not normally purchase, but the mix, clarity and variety of "tests" they offer is great. Ths is a suberb collection and very good value. For me, it is music first and test CD second, just the way it should be, great concept.

It's nice to know the order you've placed your preference,I will download the tracks at some stage.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #70 of 278
I am surprised that I didn't notice this until now. Excellent idea. The cover art could use some work, however. I will most certainly be downloading a copy. I wonder if there is a burn-in track provided. Off to page one I go...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #72 of 278
Is there anyway to order it outside of US?

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #73 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyway to order it outside of US?

G'Day oqvist,

I am from Tasmania, Australia, and I have downloaded them, so the answer is yes. Paypal button on the site will do the trick. It was a slow download for me though, but no problems whatsoever.

The bass tracks will test your Ultasones. They sound awsome with my Ed8.
Apart from being a "test" cd, as I have previously said, it is full of simply great music, and for me stuff I wouldn't have normally picked up.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #74 of 278
Aah I see... I was going to get their demonstration disc but then you wheren´t allowed to download outside US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back