Head-Fi 2011 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 78
My second exchange arrived. Also very happy happy with this one! Thanks alot Proglover!

Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild

1 exchnage to go :)

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #32 of 78
Quote:
My second exchange arrived. Also very happy happy with this one! Thanks alot Proglover!

Yeah, well, I mailed it myself (last Wednesday) from Middle-Of-Nowehere-USA rather than having Amazon or any other online retailer fulfill the order for me, so it may take a bit longer to get to you (as well as my official gift-exchange partner)...

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #33 of 78

Quote:
mine just got here today from proglover.  in the spirit of the exchange it is something i have never heard before.  it is ripping as i type.  can't wait to listen to it 
smile.gif

The Gathering Field - Lost in America

sadly, his package is still in transit but should arrive soon...

Quote:

Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild

Nice you got them so fast guys, I hope you'll enjoy them. Both cd's are pretty special to me, Lost in America (once given to me by a die hard Neil Young fan) is one of those 10 cd's I'd bring with me on a desert island.

When I got one of yours, I'll post immediately..

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #34 of 78

Quote:

Nice you got them so fast guys, I hope you'll enjoy them. Both cd's are pretty special to me, Lost in America (once given to me by a die hard Neil Young fan) is one of those 10 cd's I'd bring with me on a desert island.

When I got one of yours, I'll post immediately..

got a chance to listen to it and is very good.  its got a kind of east coast alt-country thing going on.  thank you!  btw, if you love Lost In America you should check out Ryan Adams.  definitely in the same vein.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 78

Quote:
I got Diamond Mine by King Creosote & Jon Hopkins from joelpearce. I usually listen to electronica so this is a nice change. A great recording, great production by Jon Hopkins, I'm enjoying it.

This looked interesting so I thought I'd check it out. I'm listening to it now (thanks MOG) and enjoying it very much - what a wonderful album!
It's nice that so many people participated and put real thought into their choices. 

Keep the forum going - I want to listen to more!

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #36 of 78

I can't stop listening to it--I find the whole thing completely mesmerizing.
Quote:

This looked interesting so I thought I'd check it out. I'm listening to it now (thanks MOG) and enjoying it very much - what a wonderful album!
It's nice that so many people participated and put real thought into their choices. 

Keep the forum going - I want to listen to more!

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #38 of 78
Got Kate Bush's "Never For Ever" from tjohnusa.  Definitely an interesting listen...excellent sound quality and she's a hell of a songwriter.  I have always been tempted to get a Kate Bush CD but I've always chickened out. 

Now I've been pushed over the edge and falling isn't bad at all. 
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #39 of 78

Quote:

Not usually my kind of music but I could see myself listening to this every now and then. Really Folky. It's described as Country, but I'm not a Country fan at all and I like it. Definitely more Folk than anything. The whole album is just fun to listen to.

Quote:
One gold disc deserves another, as I always say.  
beerchug.gif

Yeah, folk to folk-rock. I have the dubious distinction of having lived through most of the rock'nroll era, and have to admit I'm 80% burnt out on rock. 

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #40 of 78
Mine arrived from customcoco a day or two ago.

Believe it or not my first classical CD, I'm really enjoying it. That's the best thing about these exchanges it gives you chance to listen to music you would normally never buy. The sound quality on this is fantastic. It's also the Hybrid SACD Version.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #41 of 78
Kate Bush is a goddess. Just saying.

Quote:
Got Kate Bush's "Never For Ever" from tjohnusa.  Definitely an interesting listen...excellent sound quality and she's a hell of a songwriter.  I have always been tempted to get a Kate Bush CD but I've always chickened out. 

Now I've been pushed over the edge and falling isn't bad at all. 
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 78

Quote:
I havent heard that CD in years. Michael Stanley was a big fan of that record. For anyone that didnt grow up in NE Ohio in the late 70's early 80's, this Is Michael Stanley.

Just wanted to say a thank you to KneelJung for posting this video - never heard of Michael Stanley before and love this track...I'll be looking this album up

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #44 of 78
One of my gifts just arrived:

... and many thanks to either Vaati or Ultainferno, since the packaging did not say who the sender was.  I suspect it is from Vaati, given the longer Belgium-to-USA transit time, but thanks to whomever regardless. 

I confess to being unfamiliar with Lisa, but being nearly 60 years old, I am unfamiliar with 90% of the musical artists mentioned here on Head-Fi (still don't know what "dubstep" really is), so it is always good to learn something new. I haven't broken the shrink wrap on the disc yet, but have been reading about Lisa on Wikipedia, where I always go to get background information on something that is new to me.  Sounds really interesting.  I'll try to share a listening impression later when I have the time, but just wanted to acknowledge receipt and thank the sender.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #45 of 78
My gift from mwilson just arrived: Vangelis - El Greco

36298111.jpg

I know his music mostly in relation to Conquest of Paradise. I just popped this in and am enjoying it!

Thanks mwilson!

And of course, thanking Head-Fi and the organisers once again for another year of a great tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back