Head-Fi 2011 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Jan 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #76 of 78

Quote:
Took me awhile to get this posted.............
My Christmas gift came from JW...2 new to me CD's:"Lookaftering" by Vashti Bunyan and "In My Own Time" by Karen Dalton.
The first CD and I hit it right off....very enjoyable.
The second CD is a bit different....Ever have a CD that you felt you were going to come to like a lot, but in the beginning you had to work at listening?  That's where I'm at with this one.  Very interesting....
Thanks JW!

Vashti is frankly terrific. I was hesitant to send you Just Another Diamond Day as I feared you may already have it. If she's new to you and you indeed enjoy her album Lookaftering, please do grab Just Another Diamond Day.

Karen Dalton. What can I say? "Katie Cruel" haunts me. I love her and she's relatively local. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #77 of 78

Just received the second album from Chris (soundfreaq)

Carolyn Wonderland - Peace Meal

Really enjoying this!  Really good blues - reminds me a little of Beth Hart.  Thanks for this Chris - and thanks for going the extra mile as well (he actually got it personally autographed - Carolyn's a local).

So pleased I took part in this year's gift exchange.  I never would have been introduced to this artist or The Flashbulb (the first album he sent) otherwise.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #78 of 78
When is the new thread coming up? We're nearing January fast! :D

Found it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/637099/2012-head-fi-holiday-gift-exchange

Should have been posted in here though :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back