Head-Fi 2007 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 28, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #46 of 66
Well, a little late, but given the weather we've had here it's no surprise, I got my X-mas gift from Dzjudz.

I got the 30th Anniversary SACD of Dark Side of the Moon
smily_headphones1.gif

Good choice. Thank you!

Dec 28, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #47 of 66
That's late indeed. I sent it 10 working days before Christmas with 4-7 working days priority mail! Glad it arrived though. Hope you like it
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #48 of 66
Got my package from Uncleerik a few days ago, haven't had a chance to post.

He sent me a pair of noise canceling headphones, what I think is either a sound card or internal computer DAC, from the looks of it (I think I'm right, correct me if I'm wrong Erik), along with a Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony Lp, a Vines Lp, and a Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass Lp. Can't wait to get back to school (and my vinyl rig) to give them a listen. Thanks Erik! Hope you enjoy your stuff too!

Dec 30, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #50 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my package from Uncleerik a few days ago, haven't had a chance to post.

He sent me a pair of noise canceling headphones, what I think is either a sound card or internal computer DAC, from the looks of it (I think I'm right, correct me if I'm wrong Erik), along with a Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony Lp, a Vines Lp, and a Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass Lp. Can't wait to get back to school (and my vinyl rig) to give them a listen. Thanks Erik! Hope you enjoy your stuff too!

Holy Cow Zack, you made out like a bandit!!! Merry Christmas indeed! Hope you enjoy the new stuff and that things are going well with you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #51 of 66
I know! lol, he's very generous, I feel almost inadequate in my gift giving abilities.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #52 of 66
Just came back from a holiday and was enjoying two new cds that MaSantos sent me!

The Enchantment and The Cat Empire!

I enjoy both of them but love The Enchantment!

Thanks Manuel!

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #53 of 66
Quote:

...and a Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass Lp. Can't wait to get back to school (and my vinyl rig) to give them a listen. Thanks Erik! Hope you enjoy your stuff too!

Oooooohhhh, yummy! Can I ask which album? Whipped Cream & Other Delights is a favourite of mine and gets regular rotation. Not lucky enough to have a vinyl copy though.

Also, if it is that album and you have it on wax, lucky you. One of the best album covers of all time.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #54 of 66
I just had to see what SR71-Panorama had sent me (I promised him I wouldn't open it until he received his CDs, I was taking forever to make him some needle drops along with the CD I sent him; BUT tracking says he'll get it tomorrow :p )

Chris sent me the Bad Company - self titled Steve Hoffman remaster (Audio Fidelity gold)
h21641w60jy.jpg

Very generous of him, and a fantastic album! I've only heard Bad Company on the radio in passing, but on first listen I really love this album- great blues rock, some nice acoustic guitar, and a really talented singer. I will definitely be exploring the rest of their catalog.

And it goes without saying that Steve Hoffman is the master at once again giving audiophiles a truly amazing sounding remaster. Thanks again Chris!

edit: of course huge thanks to Zanth who set up the gift exchange even with everything going on in his life!

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #56 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just came back from a holiday and was enjoying two new cds that MaSantos sent me!

The Enchantment and The Cat Empire!

I enjoy both of them but love The Enchantment!

Thanks Manuel!

I'm glad you like them!!

Happy new year everyone!!!

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #57 of 66
I got some sublime sounding needle drops from my partner J-Pak, and the Lost Highway soundtrack
biggrin.gif

It really is amazing how crappy the popular versions of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath are in comparison. You would think that if folks who dig headphones can make such great music with a few pieces of equipment, paid engineers and re mastering folks would follow suit.
confused.gif

It is interesting to hear a digital album like The Fragile (NIN, not YES) on vinyl. It too sounds great!

Anywho, thanks J-Pak! Im listening to Led Zeppelin II right now. Very nice indeed
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #58 of 66
Now that I am back home from visiting the Family for the holidays, I have a some time to post.

I recieved a couple of Cds from kunuggs. I received them before Christmas, but waited until Christmas day to open them. I also have had limited listening time with these.

The First one was Lamb - What Sound Deluxe Ed. - This was my the first time I have heard this band and I like what I heard. I will have to try the rest of there catalog.

The Second one was John Coltrane - A Love Supreme - I have a limited exposure to Coltrane, but had not heard this one. I am glad that I have now.

Thanks Scott.

Jan 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #59 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooooohhhh, yummy! Can I ask which album? Whipped Cream & Other Delights is a favourite of mine and gets regular rotation. Not lucky enough to have a vinyl copy though.

Also, if it is that album and you have it on wax, lucky you. One of the best album covers of all time.

The one uncleerik sent me is "South of the Border", but I do happen to have Whipped Cream & Other Delights handed down from my grandmother. Its in pretty good condition as well.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:

The one uncleerik sent me is "South of the Border", but I do happen to have Whipped Cream & Other Delights handed down from my grandmother. Its in pretty good condition as well.
biggrin.gif

Fattening, but delicious - and oh so hard to resist indulgence!
biggrin.gif

South of the Border is a classic in its own right - nothing stands in such stark contrast from the popular Getz/Gilberto rendition of The Girl From Ipanema quite like a Tijuana Brass version. Glad I'm not the only Alpert fanboy around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back