Head-direct major trouble :(
Jan 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure none of us are on their payroll.

You didn't get your check yet? Oops, nevermind

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkh13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, on the 31st of December I placed an order for some re0 earphones from head-direct.com. I payed using paypal and the shipping was to Hong Kong, cost was 79.99 + 10 for the shipping. I asked how long the shipping would take and the reply said 3 days to HK so I waited 3 days.

I still haven't recieved the product but that is not the problem, I thought it was just because of the national holidays etc that the order was taking long to arrive but today Paypal sent an email saying that an unauthorized payement had occured today from head-direct trying to take more money out of my paypal account and my paypal got suspended due to this. I need to reverify the paypal and reenter all my details to regain control over my account.

I thought it would be safe to buy off them because of al the great stuff I have been hearing about the website but my experience now tells me otherwise
frown.gif
. Does anyone have any idea what happened?

THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST;
Paypal can do some strange things in the name of security.
When i bought my RE0s i was in Thailand and used my Australian Paypal Account to purchase my Re0s.
Paypal sent me an email, put a "hold" (I think they called it something like "limited account access") on my account & wanted me to reverify my account, not because of Head Direct, but because i was using my account from another country and they suspected a 3rd party had accessed my account from Thailand.
When i got back to Australia I phoned paypal and they fixed it over the phone, but they initially wanted me to reverify my address and send them a bill with my address on it before they would give me full access to my account again.
I dont think it was so much the accessing of the account, but the purchasing of something that triggered the "limited account access" on the Paypal system, because it happened shortly after i had made my RE0 purchase.

Is it possible you accessed (purchased) with your Paypal Account from a country you did not open the Paypal Account in ?
Paypal has increased security and this may be the cause of your problem as it was in my situation.

It seems a little odd that Paypal should suspend your account because a business you are purchasing from should "try to take more money for a Purchase".
If this was the case Paypal should be looking at their Paypal account not yours.
Who knows Paypal may have some strange ideas on security.

I hope you get to the bottom of it and if Head-Direct is not at fault some sort of correction can be made to this thread title, Maybe "Paypal major trouble" ha ha.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 23
Sounds a little like the OP may have gotten "phished" somehow and the PayPal account was compromised...

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am an absolute apologist for Head-Direct. I value the high-quality goods they give me at low price. Their customer service is sometimes slow (I JUST received a RE252 that I paid for... in AUGUST last year. I think your wait pales in comparison to mine).

When I told Fang of the problem, he shipped it out straight away, no questions asked. They may be a bit slow, but they're genuine.

I too work slowly sometimes, but I always try to treat people right. I see this too in head-direct, so count me as part of their Apologist fan club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Five months to receive your 252's?!?

That's more than a "bit" slow, IMO.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #20 of 23
In fact I just opened up an Account on paypal Germany a few days ago, so I could get my Hifiman and the new Amp bord for IEMs.
At least here in Germany they send you a few cents to your account and that amount is equal to a number you have to put in a registration webpage, so you can actually use your paypal account. I guess they are making sure that it is really you, as you are the only one who can access your banks billing information.
Also if you read all the details about how much many you can use on paypal it states that there is a limit around 2500€ a year, which should prevent money washing. If you go above that limit they will cease your account and ask you to send personal information to them. Maybe that was the problem for you?
Actually I like how much security they use on paypal as I believe with so much phishing and hacking on the internet I like that little extra security for my money...

By the way: The Hifiman I ordered yesterday has been sent off today from headdirect. Luckily I live together with an American so it will be send to an APO address which will safe me from German customs although the delivery will take slightly longer.

Sep 24, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #21 of 23
Just tried to buy a Darkman amp from head direct..Pay pal refused payment with this credit card(amex)...I do not see any other way to pay..Seems that head direct trying to get money from someones account has counted against them. Why is it that fang cant get paid by credit cards direct.Is it a trade thing between north america and china?

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
Just tried to buy a Darkman amp from head direct..Pay pal refused payment with this credit card(amex)...I do not see any other way to pay..Seems that head direct trying to get money from someones account has counted against them. Why is it that fang cant get paid by credit cards direct.Is it a trade thing between north america and china?

I had no problems at all paying my Hifiman via PayPal with Visa card on 26th of September.
(And I don't even have a PayPal account)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back