Head-direct major trouble :(
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

jkh13

New Head-Fier
Hi, on the 31st of December I placed an order for some re0 earphones from head-direct.com. I payed using paypal and the shipping was to Hong Kong, cost was 79.99 + 10 for the shipping. I asked how long the shipping would take and the reply said 3 days to HK so I waited 3 days.

I still haven't recieved the product but that is not the problem, I thought it was just because of the national holidays etc that the order was taking long to arrive but today Paypal sent an email saying that an unauthorized payement had occured today from head-direct trying to take more money out of my paypal account and my paypal got suspended due to this. I need to reverify the paypal and reenter all my details to regain control over my account.

I thought it would be safe to buy off them because of al the great stuff I have been hearing about the website but my experience now tells me otherwise
frown.gif
. Does anyone have any idea what happened?

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 23
This is legitimate business ... they have email and phone ... get in touch with them.

I ordered on 18th - I think - I just received the package yesterday - yet to open.

I know waiting can be frustrating.

I have had problems with Paypal before - sorry to hear about that.

Just work it out Pal....

Good Luck
Cheers
Sunil.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear of your problem, do contact Fang at Head Direct. They have excellent service and hopefully a simple explanation.

I wish they did have a simple explanation
frown.gif
emailed a few days ago and got a reply in a day saying paypal causes trouble and I should sort it out with paypal, fair enough. I then called the number on the website to check on my order as paypal shows the money was still sent to them on the 31st. No answer on the line, sent an email asking the same thing and asking if they recieved payement, no answer either for 2 days.

I have even tried to add them on MSN to contact them but they arent online. I have been trying to call them over the last few days as well to no avail
frown.gif
. I am leaving Hong Kong tommorow and seeing as it is a weekend it seems unlikely that I will get the earphones now despite them telling me right before I ordered it would take 3 days to HK
frown.gif
. I won't be ordering from them again.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkh13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish they did have a simple explanation
frown.gif
emailed a few days ago and got a reply in a day saying paypal causes trouble and I should sort it out with paypal, fair enough. I then called the number on the website to check on my order as paypal shows the money was still sent to them on the 31st. No answer on the line, sent an email asking the same thing and asking if they recieved payement, no answer either for 2 days.

I have even tried to add them on MSN to contact them but they arent online. I have been trying to call them over the last few days as well to no avail
frown.gif
. I am leaving Hong Kong tommorow and seeing as it is a weekend it seems unlikely that I will get the earphones now despite them telling me right before I ordered it would take 3 days to HK
frown.gif
. I won't be ordering from them again.

It can be seen from another thread in this forum that Fang is at CES in Las Vegas, chill out

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 23
Head-Direct is run by good, honest people. I am sure they will do right by you. Be a little patient, they are a small company.

They support Head-Fi big time, and care deeply about quality audio products.

This is first hand knowledge of mine. You can take it to the bank.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 23
I really worried a lot too when I ordered my HiFiMAN 801 from Fang. $600.00 and I was afraid because he is just a name on a website that I would end up loosing my money.

Well, I WAS WRONG! The HiFiMAN is fantastic, and when I had a bit of trouble he called me on the phone himself to help me solve the problem.

He's a good guy and you don't have to worry. You purchase is safe.

I love my HiFiMAN, and if you read more about him, you will see why he is so well respected by this community.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really worried a lot too when I ordered my HiFiMAN 801 from Fang. $600.00 and I was afraid because he is just a name on a website that I would end up loosing my money.

Well, I WAS WRONG! The HiFiMAN is fantastic, and when I had a bit of trouble he called me on the phone himself to help me solve the problem.

He's a good guy and you don't have to worry. You purchase is safe.

I love my HiFiMAN, and if you read more about him, you will see why he is so well respected by this community.

quite surprise one would give you a direct phone calls to help out? would any company CEO/director do that any more these days? nope

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkh13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it would be safe to buy off them because of al the great stuff I have been hearing about the website but my experience now tells me otherwise
frown.gif
. Does anyone have any idea what happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarthel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems head-direct has an army of "apologist on its payroll"
smily_headphones1.gif

why not let the company rep(s) speaks for themselves?
smily_headphones1.gif

The OP was asking for member feedback, you got a problem with that?

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #13 of 23
I am an absolute apologist for Head-Direct. I value the high-quality goods they give me at low price. Their customer service is sometimes slow (I JUST received a RE252 that I paid for... in AUGUST last year. I think your wait pales in comparison to mine).

When I told Fang of the problem, he shipped it out straight away, no questions asked. They may be a bit slow, but they're genuine.

I too work slowly sometimes, but I always try to treat people right. I see this too in head-direct, so count me as part of their Apologist fan club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 23
I'm pretty sure none of us are on their payroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back