HE-6 Loaner Program
Oct 21, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #811 of 903
UPDSTE - It looks that luck may be on my side (for a change), I will be receiving a production HE-6 next week! Thanks! The (two) next Head-Fiers are not available to take delivery of the prototype HE-6, thus it will allow me the opportunity to compare them. I will then be sending Skylab the production HE-6.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #812 of 903
If we're getting productions into the lineup I'll take my spot back. Not sure where we're at with the order these days. mrarroyo is east and skylab is listed in west, so can someone clear the list up?

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #813 of 903
>
EDIT: If I have this wrong in any way, please advise and I apologize in advance 
confused.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #814 of 903
You did indeed get it wrong. The European program has started much later than the US program and we had a technical problem with the first demo unit which led to the inclusion of the speaker cable adaptor box for the current version. I returned the current unit to the last person who had not been able to finish the test. So - yes currently the EU loaner program has got the new version and it currently is in Italy. And no - we did not start over again.

Best regards,
Jan

Oct 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #817 of 903

Quote:
Received the loaner HE-6s yesterday afternoon.  Listening to them today as I have time.  Using the MiniWatt to drive them directly.  It does a great job.  Using 2 miniwatts side by side, one driving the LCD-2s through an adapter, and the other directly driving the HE-6.  Both amps being driven from the line out of an iDecco.

At first listen, I really like the HE-6!  Very clean and open.  Sounds very neutral.  Nice!!!

More to come.
k

Do you still have the HE-6 kwkarth? How are those additional impressions coming along?

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #818 of 903
Today I received a package which contains the production HE6! 
biggrin.gif
 Thanks Fang for loaning them and although they have been on my head for less than 1 hour all I can say is that they are indeed as reported by Aaron (immtbiker). The production HE6 is significantly better sounding than the prototype. It will take me a few days of going back and forth between the two units to hear the nuances/differences but the production unit does everything better plus:

1. It looks much better.
2. It is much easier to drive.
3. It appears to be lighter, need to weight it.
4. Even the case is nicer.

I am currently listening to Tony Bennet and I am just enjoying the open/clear presentation. The bass has more impact and it is more defined. More to come but for now I leave you with the following pictures.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #819 of 903
Enjoy. I miss them. Very little other's hold a candle to them.

I think that Fang hit on something really nice, here. 
cool.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #820 of 903
I haven't been following the thread closely anymore but I must have missed it if it was asked. Is that the stock cable on the HE6 on the left or an aftermarket?

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #823 of 903
Thanks for the answer. That's a very nice looking stock cable there. I look forward to some more impressions between production and the test unit.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #824 of 903
To be clearer both are stock cable but the new stock cable is significantly better than the old stock cable.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #825 of 903
Sexy!  Any word on whether the headband is any smaller than the one on the HE-5LE?  I wear mine at the smallest adjustment and they're just a tiny bit too big for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back