HE-6 HifiMan Headband issue
Nov 11, 2010 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FineLinedSmile

New Head-Fier
I received my HE-6 today.  They sound wonderful, but the headband doesn't stay where you adjust the earcups.  If I make the headband larger so that I feel comfortable they slowly glide back into the tightest position.  Do all Hifiman headphones have this design flaw?

-C

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Mine are in the tightest position, but that's where they fit the best for me. They do what you describe though, because these aren't designed to have the cups/pads provide the weight support like you might find on Sennheiser HD650. These are designed to lay the weight on the top of the head and let the cups dangle. If there is no pressure from the cups on the sides the adjustments don't move, at least on my sample.

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Mine has the same problem in the right side.

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Mine are in the tightest position, but that's where they fit the best for me. They do what you describe though, because these aren't designed to have the cups/pads provide the weight support like you might find on Sennheiser HD650. These are designed to lay the weight on the top of the head and let the cups dangle. If there is no pressure from the cups on the sides the adjustments don't move, at least on my sample.

This really was one of the most helpful posts ever! Thanks again..........it solved the issue for me.  It also made me realize what a comfortable headphone it is.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 8
Mine are very tight and don't slide at all when wearing them.  When I take them off and gently tug on the ear-cups they still don't slide.  It takes a good bit of effort to make them move in the sliders.  I do have to wear them at the tightest position already, but if I put them on loose, they do not slide down and tighten like yours.

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 8
Left side is so tight at the adjusted position, but right side slides down regardless of wearing them or not.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 8
hmmm, it sounds like there are QC issues that need attention.

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Mine also seem to slide back to the "tightest" position when not wearing them - but they don;t slide when wearing - they are fine then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back