HE-560 a good choice for me (to replace HD600)?
Feb 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 42
Greetings, I m also looking for an upgrade to the HD600 and I also have the Asgard 2. I recently tried the he-400s and the 560 too. The sound of both the hifiman's cans was quite dry and maybe to cold comparing to the sennheisers. I was also considering MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs but i cant find them to try.
Regds

Have you tried a late T1 v1?

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #18 of 42
Unless you get a tube amp paired with it, I don't see how asgard 2+T1 can be a warmer pairing than 560.

Well, late T1s are clearly warm sounding headphones. Significantly warmer than the HD800.
(Still not as warm as HD650). Asgard 2 is a slightly warm amp in the SS world.

Early T1s measured flatter and brighter.
My late T1 v1 measured similar to the T1 v2 but without the 6KHz bump

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #19 of 42
Greetings, I m also looking for an upgrade to the HD600 and I also have the Asgard 2. I recently tried the he-400s and the 560 too. The sound of both the hifiman's cans was quite dry and maybe to cold comparing to the sennheisers. I was also considering MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs but i cant find them to try.
Regds

The HD600 are tough to upgrade on.  Most of my other headphones sit and collect dust.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 42
I think that the warmth of the 600 could be a bit unreal, and that a can more analytical has to be more cold and neutral, but the 600 sound is very easy to be liked. Will try to ear the T1, the HD 700 also to se if they are so different.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #23 of 42
Depending on your preference and amp matching, it can sound dry. However, although it lacks body compared to HD600, it is by no means dry. It is a pair known for its openess and 'fast', if you absolutely love warm, natural, organic sound 400i or 500 will suit you better. 560 is more tuned towards he-6
I personally think 560 will impress you because hd600 is by no means warm, just sounds natural. 560 has more air, openness, and better extension on both sides. Imaging is good too, but leaks more sound than 600. Also, you already have the asgard 2 which matches with the 560 well.

The HE-6 is a superb headphone, with the significant caveat about its considerable amp requirements. The HD800S might be worth investigating, as it's appreciably easier to drive. Indeed, the Fostex TH900 might be what you're looking for, and can be driven out of an iPhone.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #26 of 42
Received my HE-560 today.  First impressions: Amazing headphones.  Love the bass extension.  I can really feel the 808s in Kendrick Lamar's "m.A.A.d city", which really lacked impact on my HD600s and basically imperceptible on my desktop speakers (Audioengine A5+ without subwoofer).  Soundstage is another major upgrade from HD600.  

Somehow the mids are a little less rich than the HD600s.  When I listen to Adele say "to the way you move" in the second line of "When We Were Young", these is a beautiful richness about the HD600 that I don't hear with the HE-560.

Anyway, those are my non volume matched, zero burn in first impressions.  Love the new headphones.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #27 of 42
I wonder if you are the first person to ever listen to m.A.A.d city through those HP.  I like the vocals by Beth Hart in "I'll take care of you" (live version) and "Am I the One" on my HE-400i hps.   I find Adele to be too much autotune or . . . something.  I am not even sure it is a human voice anymore.  The 560s are so good they may be revealing that. 

Thanks for posting. Look forward to more impressions. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #28 of 42
Great first impressions. I think with time you will get used to them and they will grow in to you nevertheless the great warm and mids of the 600's. Waiting for further impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back