HE-500 Loaner Program
May 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #107 of 185
Are the signups still open? I would love to get on the list. I'm in Trenton, NJ.
thanks

May 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #108 of 185

Quote:

Fang's posts #1 and #57 have the complete list of participants - there are many in the East Coast program, I'm sure the rest are quite interested in receiving & hearing them.  After falis is decur, and then Joey Russo, etc.:

davederek                         NY (Westchester)

jinp6301                            NY (Binghamton)
falis                                  Massachussetts
decur                                Massachussetts

Joey Russo                       New Jersey

Frank I                              New Jersey
leesure                              Philadelphia
baka1969                          Philadelphia
goldme                             Pennsylvania
Mobayrasta                       Maryland
warp08                              Virginia

Recipient #2 in Canada will get them this week.  Boo hoo.

Guys you can cross me off the list.  Already have a pair.

May 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #109 of 185
Guys you can skip me as well.  I've got too much going on right now and I won't be able to give them the time they deserve.  Thanks.

Joey

May 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #113 of 185
same here 
beerchug.gif

i don't know if it's the best headphone. Probably not, but it's THE best sounding headphone i have ever heard for sure.

Quote:
you'll love the mids....ah, the mids.  I'm in love...:)

May 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #114 of 185
Quote:Originally Posted by blankdisc 

"same here 
i don't know if it's the best headphone. Probably not, but it's THE best sounding headphone i have ever heard for sure."

I've heard them twice before. But not with my rig in my rack. So it'll give me a chance to listen to them with three different amps. The B22! The WA6SE and the WA2. It should be interesting.

May 20, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #116 of 185
Got them today (thanks again Chris!)

Well packaged and protected...

presentation is better than the HE-6 which was quite lacking, the design is more utilitarian too, but seems more robust (much sturdier cable, higher quality pads (i think) nice box with the fabric in it instead of the plain foam the HE-6 had etc etc). They are lighter, comfier, and I think better built than the HE-6.

I will have to volume match them as they are SE and my other headphones are not but a quick A/B was not in their favor compared to the HE-6. They seemed a little "tired" and are definitely not treble happy like the HE-6, but again it was 30 seconds with no volume matching. Will have some proper words up ASAP.

Thanks again to hi-fi man for putting this loaner together. Thinks like this make our community truly a great place to be!

May 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #117 of 185
[quote name="sokolov91" .....Thanks again to hi-fi man for putting this loaner together. Thinks like this make our community truly a great place to be!
[/quote]

I can't x2 that big enough. This is the second product from China to earn the "reference" label, the A Gd Ref. 7 & HiFiMan's orthos and I have been convinced.

May 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #118 of 185
i have Audio-GD's NFB-3 and Digital Interface. Both products are simply superb and offers the best value on the market. They can easily stand up to products that cost 5 or 6 times more. I wish i could try their Ref. 7, but i am also afraid that i will have to buy it after listen to it. :p

May 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #119 of 185

Users who are viewing this thread

Back