HE-4s with a FiiO E10, worth it?
Feb 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eltocliousus

Member of the Trade: Audible Bond
I'm interested in getting some HE-4s however my only ampifier is a FiiO E10, should I bother getting the HE-4s or will the FiiO E10 limit them to a point where it wouldn't be worth it over a $200-300 dynamic headphone?

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 7
HE-4s with the E10?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. No...just...no.

The HE-4 needs a small city to power properly. Seriously, nothing short of the EF5 or Lyr should be used.

The E9 does drive them loud, but it sounds incredibly thin and lifeless. You can tell it is struggling for power.

Do yourself a favor, don't get the HE-4 unless you have a seriously powerful amp to drive them.

Actually, the Audio-GD Sparrow and NFB 12 are the cheapest amps I've seen with a LOT of power for low impedance headphones.

They would have over 2 watts in a 38ohm load, which is plenty for the HE-4. Not sure how good they are, but power-wise, they are capable.

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the response! All these headphone choices exhaust me, maybe the HE-4 isn't the way to go, I've been thinking about grabbing some T50RPs and modding the absolute arse off of them, think the the FiiO E10 would pair well with that?

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 7
The HE-4 is an amazing headphone, you just need power.

Honestly, you shouldn't be settling for the Fiio E10's amp section, unless you use some very easy todrive headphones. I'm not sure how easy to drive the T50RPs are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back