HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #31 of 117
I wish Fang would say something on the matter. i dont mind waiting and the card charging isnt unusual for me but the total lack of official updates is very unsettling. I understand he's busy but surely he can spare a few minutes and give us a quick headsup. Sigh...

Totally agree. When I signed up form the preorder of the HM-602 it took more than a month, maybe approaching two before I finally got it and I NEVER got an update email from Head-Direct. The only info I got was from reading the head-fi threads. However costumer service usually respond quickly via email.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #32 of 117

Quote:
Totally agree. When I signed up form the preorder of the HM-602 it took more than a month, maybe approaching two before I finally got it and I NEVER got an update email from Head-Direct. The only info I got was from reading the head-fi threads. However costumer service usually respond quickly via email.

Yeah Head-Direct's customer support has always replied to me quickly thus far but I hate having to constantly request updates from them like some annoying, nagging customer. And the answers I get are always quite vague - "next week, very soon, etc". 

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #34 of 117
I sent a email to head-direct asking about the ship date and here is the reply.

8:41 PM (4 minutes ago)​

The HE-400 will be shipped about 4 days later.
Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards

So I guess Thurs it will ship.  (friday in china)

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #36 of 117
I am starting to get a little annoyed waiting... 

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #37 of 117

Quote:
I am starting to get a little annoyed waiting... 

As soon as Fang promised to resolve the design defect that was apparent in batch 1 for subsequent batches, on top of no work during Chinese New Year, it was pretty much guaranteed that the second batch won't be churning out till the end of this month or the start of the next. They just didn't give out explicit dates until very recently.

This is a very new product based on a very new and iterative technology, these delays can and do happen.

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #38 of 117
Update:

1. I apologize that I was not very active during weeks. I got Appendicitis surgery operation two weeks ago. Two days after the operation, my daughter was born. 
2. During the time, our engineers finished the improvement of HE-400 drivers, and finished all the tests, including vibration test, high and low temperature test, 200+ hours run-in, etc. 
3. We are doing manufacturing of a batch of HE-400 drivers from this week. It will take two weeks to ship all orders. 
4. We manufactured a big batch of HE-500. We are waiting for the leather box which will arrive on Mar 2nd. 

We apologize for another week delay, but we are on the right track, and we are close to be successful. 

Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #39 of 117

Quote:
Update:

1. I apologize that I was not very active during weeks. I got Appendicitis surgery operation two weeks ago. Two days after the operation, my daughter was born. 
2. During the time, our engineers finished the improvement of HE-400 drivers, and finished all the tests, including vibration test, high and low temperature test, 200+ hours run-in, etc. 
3. We are doing manufacturing of a batch of HE-400 drivers from this week. It will take two weeks to ship all orders. 
4. We manufactured a big batch of HE-500. We are waiting for the leather box which will arrive on Mar 2nd. 

We apologize for another week delay, but we are on the right track, and we are close to be successful. 

Fang

Thanks a lot for the update.
Hope you're enjoying your new born daughter.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #44 of 117
A very hearty congratulations Fang on your newborn! Stay healthy!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back